Back on the edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought i was getting better and learning how to deal with things.How can i though? Everything in my life is still bad and it just seems that no matter how hard i try to fix things i get nowhere.I'm just so up and down all the time it's making me feel like i'm loosing my head more than being depressed all the time.Just wish i could find a happy medium or just a normal medium.I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself when everything thats wrong in my life is my own doing and there are people in this world that are far worse of than me.I know i need to get a grip but can't.The best part of my day is going to bed because even though i know i'm not going to get much sleep for the short time that i do i pray that i wont wake up.I know it's not something anyone else can solve for me but i feel a bit of realise putting it on here instead of it going round in my head at a thound miles per hour.Wish i could be normal just for an hour or so and have a break from my own head .

cutiepie132

I don't like crying around either but life gets hard, and sometimes we just can't help it. It's good to get it out and talk about it, maybe it will make you feel a little bit better. Not good though to spend alot of time sitting around thinking about all the problems you have, that makes you more depressed, if your able to do so, get some hobbies at home you'd enjoy doing, just try to stay a bit more active to distract your mind, since it's in overdrive. I'm not so much obsessive compulsive, but my thoughts get that way. I know what it's like when your brain won't shut the hell up.. I love sleep, seems like my only escape from hell. Not always that bad, but the majority of the time, it is..

allison

Whenever I feel the way you're feeling, I always remind myself that the feelings always always pass. The sadness and helplessness and despair may last for weeks, maybe a month even, and it always feels like it's going to go on forever, but eventually it goes away. And the moment I remember that, a bit of sadness chips away and I'm reminded that there still is hope of feeling better, and that makes me feel better. It's all psychological, I think. We just have to remind ourselves sometimes that our feelings can be tricked. Our minds are very powerful and just a simple change in perspective can make a world of difference. Good luck <3

peacelovingguy

Our minds are very powerful and just a simple change in perspective can make a world of difference. Good luck <3
Thanks Alison!

You are so right!

A slight change in perspective - does wonders.

Sometimes we become fixated on annoying problems - annoying people - and for me - this is insane - I know lots of nice people and - well - I like people who are nice to me - because - you cannot help feel good when people are being nice to you.

So for me - in my life - and especially with depression - I tend to be fairly ruthless when it comes to friendship - and love - you got to be a cold man with a warm heart.

Or a cold woman with a warm heart.

Warm beer - cold women.

Hold on - the other way around!

Anyhow - perspective is everything.

Thanks for the reminder.

I really thought i was getting better and learning how to deal with things.How can i though? Everything in my life is still bad and it just seems that no matter how hard i try to fix things i get nowhere.I'm just so up and down all the time it's making me feel like i'm loosing my head more than being depressed all the time.Just wish i could find a happy medium or just a normal medium.I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself when everything thats wrong in my life is my own doing and there are people in this world that are far worse of than me.I know i need to get a grip but can't.The best part of my day is going to bed because even though i know i'm not going to get much sleep for the short time that i do i pray that i wont wake up.I know it's not something anyone else can solve for me but i feel a bit of realise putting it on here instead of it going round in my head at a thound miles per hour.Wish i could be normal just for an hour or so and have a break from my own head .
I feel very much the same. I have been horrible too lately, that's why I sought this forum.

Lack of sleep is a nightmare in my life lately as well. Last night I fell asleep at 1:00 AM and woke up shortly after 3:00 AM and I couldn't fall sleep again until a little before 6:00 AM. Everytime I wake up my heart is racing and my mind is full of negative thoughts. I have this feeling inside me (I guess it's stress) which feels like cancer slowly growing.

I hope you can do better too, I really know how you are feeling because I'm going through much of the same myself and it really hurts.

allison

Thanks Alison!

You are so right!

A slight change in perspective - does wonders.

Sometimes we become fixated on annoying problems - annoying people - and for me - this is insane - I know lots of nice people and - well - I like people who are nice to me - because - you cannot help feel good when people are being nice to you.

So for me - in my life - and especially with depression - I tend to be fairly ruthless when it comes to friendship - and love - you got to be a cold man with a warm heart.

Or a cold woman with a warm heart.

Warm beer - cold women.

Hold on - the other way around!

Anyhow - perspective is everything.

Thanks for the reminder.
I'm glad that you're feeling better, and that you're still able to find hope even though life can seem so hopeless. Take care :)

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
I know all about not sleeping..I'm up all night get a two hour nap during the day..My mind just goes into overdrive.. I can't even think of what I was thinking about..I went to bed a little after eight and was back up at nine thirty..This might sound crazy but what helps me is I drink a pot of coffee.. The warmness of it helps me to dose..The caffeine doesn't affect me..I guess because I have been doing it for years..Take Care!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00