Back pain..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Staff Alumni
Can't think of anywhere else to put this...

Well, on Wednesday (weather was lovely - cold and rain), at about 3.30, I got a slight twinge between my shoulderblades. Ten minutes later I could barely even look down without feeling as if someone were ramming a knife into the middle of my shoulder muscles and twisting it around. It didn't get much better over the night, though I managed to get to sleep, and it's still there, only more on the left side and more of an annoying pain than the ripping pain it was before.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what could have caused it.

I'm not on any medication, I haven't recently taken part in any strenuous exercise, and at the time it happened I was walking up the street near my university, only carrying my bag, which wasn't particularly heavy.

:unsure: Kinda confused...

it could be the the nerves getting pinched and it sending spasms through your back. I tend to have that between my shouldblades and usually after a day or so it fades. If it persists or gets worse I'd go get it checked out b/c it could be something more serious.

Puddytat

it could be the the nerves getting pinched and it sending spasms through your back. I tend to have that between my shouldblades and usually after a day or so it fades. If it persists or gets worse I'd go get it checked out b/c it could be something more serious.
Yeah it could be that... i get that a lot.

also i had a friend who was extremely stressed out she developed shingles which she describes as shooting pains down her arms, dunno if it could come in any other forms but if you are stressed its a possibility, some doctors have great therapy for that.

chasing_dreams

yeah it does sound like a trapped nerve..i've had that quite a lot - appears suddenly and hurts like hell! takes a few days to go completely but hope it starts getting better for you soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00