....Back to counselling

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Petal, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey guys! I have decided to go back to counselling because counselling has always worked for me and made a significant difference. I am not in distress or unstable, I have decided to go back to remain stable, like maintenance counselling...it can't hurt! Plus she is GREAT, I love her, so kind, caring, compassionate and funny, I asked her to adopt me before lol! So yeah I have a busy week next week. Think it is a good idea to go back and hopefully will improve even further than I have and that would be wonderful :) The reason I'm going back to her specifically is because she takes the whole trust issues very seriously and has promised me that anything I ever say to her will remain confidential (I had a bad experience a long time ago when confidentiality was breached), except in the case of being a danger to myself of course which is not going to happen. She also gives me homework over email and motivates me. I'm actually very happy. I have a lot of good support around me right now! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  2. FMyLife

FMyLife Chat Buddy

Good stuff! Owning your health is the best way to stay well.

3. Sain

Sain Active Member

Good for you Petal! You go girl! Hugs! I am very glad that you are doing well right now...keep up the good work!!! Cheers. Trisha :makeawish:

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Its awesome to have a Therapist like that. Happy for you. I love mine too!

5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Way to go Petal :hug2:

6. Petal

Hey again :) I went to counselling this morning, it was so good and I could open up to her so much that I asked for another session there and then lol she said she'd love to but has another client after me. She's given me some ''mind'' homework to do-which I can do in my own time. I really love the girl, she is very honest, points out my mistakes and helps me to try see other options. Love her :) Will be seeing her next Thursday. :)

Came home to sad news..my uncle has passed away sadly. Horrible news but I know he is no longer suffering and is at peace :)

7. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Awesome. Just need more people to take inspiration from this :)

8. Petal

Thanks Gary.. I told my doctor to refer patients to her if necessary, I am close with the doctor and she knows I am very fussy. Knows I would not have recommended her only if she were exceptional =) Doctor and counsellor are going to have to contact with each other anyway just to discuss my treatment and maintenance (with my permission) so I thought it's a great idea. I have met a LOT of mental health workers in the past few years, this one is special, which is why I chose her to go back to ,she is a gem :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  9. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

If ever I was a good T, id call myself Aladdin.... Like the diamond in the rough lol.

But that's fantastic for you :)