Bad day

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Unsurelife, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsurelife

Unsurelife Member

JUst got into a fight with my roommates so now I'm isolating myself in my room. My mom keeps texting me asking why I never call her and saying that I better be doing good in school. She pressures me on my schooling, back in hs I had a 93.4 avg but that was still not good enough for her. Now I'm juggling college (full time), my job, crap loads of hw, arguing with my friends/roomate. My grades are starting to slip as I'm forgetting about things I have to do. I don't want to go to class anymore, almost skipped all 3 today. I need a vacation away from everything but that won't happen till thanksgiving.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Something has to give and it's not going to be you. You probably need your job to live on and that leaves school. Can you drop one of your classes? Even if your mom gets mad, she'll get over it. I used to have a real problem with others being angry with me, but that is something they have to work through. There comes a point when you have to choose you over everything else because if you don't have you, you can't do anything else.

:hug:

3. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

Hey, it happens at times even when you least expect it. Yeah I had the same type of parents who wanted 110 on every subject no matter how hard it is even if the limit was 100, but I knew they were perfectionists to some degree and always wanted to mold you in their vision. Fear is a great motivational tool for them. It's good you need a break from everyone, your family, your friends and roommates and just concentrate on yourself. Take time off if needed and breathe some air, then come back and tackle some more obstacles.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you can find some time to just unwind Go out to pub night or something
    For the marks well none of your parents business as long as you get good grades thats all that matters. Try going to the gym and smash a punching bag around that will help. remember to have fun time or you will go insane

5. Unsurelife

Unsurelife Member

I can't really have fun because of my whole situation wih probation....all I can do is go to school....not much fun in my life....no drugs or alchol....I find my self just sitting in the quiet for hours and just thinking of life....it's the only thing that passes time for me

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

can you not go out and have supper wih friends go out and do some shopping just to get some stress release. buy something nice for yourself a CD anything. It doesn't have to involve alcohol or drugs Go out watch hockey game go movie anything. take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.