bad dream set in Lincolnshire

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by GreyCat, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

It's been weeks and weeks or even more since I remembered a dream.

Last night I dreamed I was in a big old building, with large rooms, that had formerly been a school. There had been a massive flood, and loads of people were made homeless, so the building was a shelter for all of these displaced people. I was by myself, and didnt know anyone. Every available bit of floor spac e was taken up by people huddled there. I had no blanket and I was cold and tired but too scared to go to sleep because people were stealing from each other and fights were breaking out. I was trying to bond with some people but they were being unfriendly. I needed a blanket and in the end I got into this store room that the organisers of the shelter had and I stole a blue sleeping bag. I packed it into my back pack and then people were talking about how this sleeping bag had been stolen and security were looking for it.

I went into this grotty toilet cubicle and I was standing there wondering what to do, I decided I would have to leave the shelter and make my way to Scotland somehow.Which was where I needed to go, apparently. In the dream I was in Lincolnshire, I don't even know where that is but I bet its not near Scotland. So I walked out of the old school and found myself in a massive area of empty space surrounded by warehouses. Far away I could see armed guards and lots of rottweilers and I was afraid but I walked on towards the road and they didn't seem to notice me. I got out onto the road and walked for awhile, then I came to the outskirts of a town. Despite the flood, there was a kiosk type shop open and I went in. There was a young girl working there and I started to cry and asked her if she could give me somewhere to sleep for awhile because I was so exhausted and because I needed to jump the train to get back up north. She started giving me directions and they sounded really complicated, so I said I'd think about it when I had had some sleep. She brought me to her house and I fell asleep.

Random!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.