Bad Dreams

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by roughnrowdydowdy, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roughnrowdydowdy

roughnrowdydowdy New Member

I have had two dreams lately of where there is nothing but fire coming down like rain and everything around me is burning up houses, animals, vehicles, people ect ect and I usally wake up when when there is no where left to run and I start burning myself, I woke up both times sweating badly.. Im going through a really bad time in my life and I struggle with severe depression I started going to church since my old man is a precher and figured it would help me with my struggles needlees to say it didn't and they have actually gotten worse.. I just wonder if the dreams have anything to do with what im going through... does anyone know what they might mean??? I know it probably dont mean anything but I would rather not have that same dream again, after I had it the 2nd time I stayed up for 4 days on caffine pills because I was afriad I would dream that again and its not a nice scene.. I have not been able to stop thinking about them for a while now.. Does anyone else have the same type of dream???
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I've learned that the people in my dreams are my feelings and other aspects of myself. It sounds like you have unresolved problems about going to church and that your dad is a pastor.

I'm a Southern Baptist if you want someone to talk about your feelings about church as stuff.
  3. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

I remember having a dream where I was running away from our house with my step mom. Balls of fire were falling from the sky. My step mom threw her bible in a panic as she was running with me and I managed to catch it somehow. When I looked inside I saw notes and scribbles about aliens and the end times. It was like this event had broken her will and even her faith.

When I was younger I was a christian and essentially believed our world was coming to an end. I thought that ufos were demonic and that the reason the world seemed so messed up was because the end was coming. The dream I mentioned was similar to other dreams where I dreamed about the end of the world. In one dream I saw a flash outside my window. When I looked out, I could see that it was an atomic bomb. I had a couple like that. In one dream, I was standing on a coastal mountain and saw a tidal wave rushing towards me, seemingly as high as the clouds. In another dream I woke up from sleep and realized that the rapture had happened. All of the sinners were still on earth, but the faithful were gone even though their bodies remained (their soul was gone, had been replaced by something non-human). Many dreams like this. I was tormented by them.

Ok so many years later and I'm an agnostic, not quite an atheist. I don't think 2012 is a special year. I think it'll come and go like any other year even though there're many people obsessed about it. The difference here is that I already went through that and I am not going to go through it again. When I get my chance, I post about it and tell people 2012 is like any other year and it will come and go and you will feel stupid that you worried about it. For all of time people have doom-casted and claimed the end of the world is just after tomorrow. I think it's because of ignorance and feelings of inadequacy. Our sense of vulnerability manifests itself as fear.

I wish I had known all this back then. I wish I didn't have to waste so much of my life, and even after all these years, I still am not over it. I am still in pieces. I can't get back those 12 years. Sure, there're things I'm intentionally not saying in this post, but I don't have to. Humanity is going through trials right now, as it always has. We will uncover new secrets, like we always have. We will always struggle. We will always advance. And some things can't be changed. I have no simple answers because the world we live in is not simple.

I think the one thing I could point to and say I've learned something would be that reason and science are the only salvation. Outside of these things, chaos and fear rule. Now that I don't believe in god, it terrifies me that there's no afterlife. I mourn people that are dead, and I am saddened that we all grow old and that our loved ones will die. What makes it worse is that we might live longer than the ones we love and we'll have to live with the knowledge that they're dead. Living a long time is a curse and a blessing. The longer we live, the more ghosts that haunt us. On the bright side, the longer we live, the more we can appreciate the reality around us. I just sometime think there's a limit to it all. Sometimes I think knowledge is a curse, but I think it's better than believing in a god and in an afterlife.

I read something earlier:
    "For every 1000 failed dreamers, there's one that changes the world."

I don't know what that dream means to you, but you sound troubled and you're no trying to hide it. I shared mine.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
  4. alices_ponder

alices_ponder Well-Known Member

I have a recurring nightmare that a man breaks into my house and murders my family and I can't stop him. Its in a little more detail but i had the same dream for 3 months and it seemed so real. It scared the crap out of me!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.