Bad drivers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
If I don't vent I'll explode! Why does it seem that every bad driver in the world is either behind me, in front of me, or coming straight towards me?? Hardly a day goes by without a 'near miss' on the road.:blink: I've been driving for 39 years and am still amazed by the stupidity and carelessness of too many drivers: drivers who follow too closely, drivers who don't turn their lights on when it's rainy or overcast so they can be seen, drivers who drive at night with their brights (high beams) on so every oncoming car - as well as those in front of them - is "blinded by the light"!!! The list goes on and on...:mad: Drivers who do everything while behind the wheel but pay attention to their driving; drivers who go too fast, too slow, or never use turn signals...:mad: Drivers who, it seems, do everything they can to increase the chances of an accident happening...:mad:

Sorry for the bitching - I just had to vent my frustration.:dry:

least

PS; are bad drivers particular to the US, or are they all over the world? I've never been outside the US but I feel that we Americans are arrogant young upstarts and wonder if horrible driving habits originated in this country... we seem to think we "own the whole damn road" as well as owning everything else - do we own all the bad drivers too??:blink: :unsure:

ACRon

Nope, come to the UK, Im sure you'd feel at home from what your saying. After all, you do 'own' us.:rolleyes: You'd just have to drive on the left of course. Brits in America find it easy enough to adapt to the change in sides but struggle to deal with people. especially in the 'freedom isn't free' patriotic bible belt areas.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Yeah, I think our "freedom isn't free", "america - love it or leave it" goes hand in hand with the american attitude of being the Greatest! the Biggest! the Baddest! and the Richest!:mad: :mad: :mad: (except, of course, for us working stiffs who can't get ahead no matter how much we work or what we do!!:mad: )

I'm an american citizen by birth but it's my considered opinion that americans, as a rule, have no manners or compassion...towards anyone who thinks or prays or lives differently than we do...:dry:

least

oh gosh we get bad drivers in the UK aswell lol. When i went to america for the second time, and my mum was driving, i have to say the american drivers didn't seem that bad lol

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I didn't intend to start a "hate-fest" here. I just have had a couple really close near-misses in the last several days and am still, and always, trembling over the demise someone else almost chose for me.:blink::mad: :blink:

I used to be a bad driver. In my youth I was careless and immortal and it's only by Someone's Grace that I am still breathing and driving and doing. I just get unbearably frustrated by drivers who don't seem to realize that they are operating (often so carelessly) a two-ton weapon and that their carelessness too often destroys lives and families.:sad:

Turn signals are NOT a luxury option available on cars. Looking before backing up is NOT a choice, but a necessity. Looking both ways BEFORE pulling out onto the road is a smart move, really.

I'm not hating anyone, just wishing desperately for logical thinking when people are behind the wheel, that's all.

least

ACRon

All I know is the police chases in the US are far more Dramatic. The programmes we get over here where police camera's are following people on the run are always so non-eventfull compared to the ones shipped in from America. Pisses me off:mad: Its like our drivers have no respect for good television:laugh: No wonder I turned to the internet for kicks:smile:

ps, I added lots of smileys because my words weren't interesting enough to sell to the american audience. like that cake thing. WHOA that flew right overhead

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Yeah, I know what you mean.:dry: It's like a movie or news show isn't worth anything unless there's a violent and destructive 'car chase' in it. (seems like destruction and special effects have replaced a good plot in so many movies:rolleyes: )

What a legacy for the USA: car chases, violence, and special effects...:dry: :sad:

least

ACRon

I don't blame the USA for all of it though, they still copy us wherever possible:rolleyes: and ignore what they don't want want to hear by just pretending it never happened. Thats a very British thing, it runs throughout the Commonwealth and dates back to the British Empire.

This has been a wonderfull "soap box", I do however require the speaker to be more knowledgeable and answer the audiences questions. Also I require them not to push their endemic prejudices on me. if I were to maintain my interest atleast :yawn: So put me down as a 'NO' for your newsletter.

Sorry to disrupt proceedings, I'll let everyone get back to hand signals

Jenny

Staff Alumni
I'd say France is worse than the UK.. especially on Motorways.. they go RIGHT up your backside.. as if that's going to make me go any quicker!? I normally slow down when someone does that to me :angel:

Oh and India.. what the f*ck!? They don't have lanes.. well, they do.. there were 2 lanes, but they made at least 4 lanes out of it.. and people were driving up the wrong side of the road.. if the road was too packed with a traffic jam, the motorcycles would come on the pavement and BEEP ME to get out of the way!!!!!!!! That really made me :mad:

I think the main difference between the UK and America is that the cars in America are sooo much bigger! I would never be able to park one of those beasts.. especially in New York! Although, I do like the one way system in New York. If we had that in London it'd be a lot easier :)

I'd say France is worse than the UK.. especially on Motorways.. they go RIGHT up your backside.. as if that's going to make me go any quicker!? I normally slow down when someone does that to me :angel:

Oh and India.. what the f*ck!? They don't have lanes.. well, they do.. there were 2 lanes, but they made at least 4 lanes out of it.. and people were driving up the wrong side of the road.. if the road was too packed with a traffic jam, the motorcycles would come on the pavement and BEEP ME to get out of the way!!!!!!!! That really made me :mad:
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool that made me laugh sooooo much!

Jenny you have the ability to make me laugh at any sudject :laugh:

lol see that made me laugh :laugh: god knows why im laughing at 04:22 in the morning :unsure:

hehe

people are soo gonna be wondering whats with all the BOOO!! lol

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

BOOOOOO!!!!!

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:​

poison

Thank you for adressing this. I think the most retarded drivers rest in America though. None of them seem to know what a "turn signel" is.

2LOST2

People are not that diffrent no matter where they live... There are iresponsible drivers everywhere. I have made myself a lot of mistakes and most propably I still sometimes do. I just hope less now. I think drivers get responisble with age or rather experiance. Insurance companies knows that rule LOL, e.g. they tend to give some privilages to drivers over 26 years old here ;)

Comparing to a place I live Us cars and roads are soo big !!! i havent actually noticed if american drivers were more arrogant or agressive then those here.

I am a "cold" driver. If some1 does any of above listed in the 1st post here and makes a "near-miss", I do feel adrenailnes in my vains ofc. However it pass really quicly cuz i realise it is not the first time it has happend and sure not the last time. I get calm imidiately ....or maby its cuz i sing a lot to the steeriign wheel .. ;)

On the other hand my mom is very "emotional" driver. She abuses "BIP!!!!!",screaming at the driver ( ofc he cant hear her) long after the event, sometimes showing her fist or sthn. I think she stress too much abt it. It is not that important to overreact 5 mins after it hass happend unless its someting serius. I m talking only abt everydays lack of manners of drivers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00