Bad Memories Shoot out of Nowhere

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by AnnieK, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnnieK

AnnieK Well-Known Member

so i open up facebook today and i see i have a friend request. it is from an old teacher and track coach. so i friended him and went back to my page and then all of a sudden i was hit...FLOODED with awful memories of his behavior with girls in my school. in appropriate touching, hugs way too long, back rubs, getting too close. and i just spiraled down. then i outed him on facebook and somebody suggested i not do that for liability reasons. so i erased his name and most of the post, but left a vague kind of "this is what happened". a girlfriend emailed me right away and told me all the things she'd witnessed him do to girls at the public pool.

i repressed this shit for like 30 years?! i feel so powerless, so sad, so angry, and so humiliated.

i am baffled that i forgot all of this for so long. i don't feel right now. took a nap to stop the memories. gonna take another. this shit just totally F**KED me up. i don't know how to explain it. i feel sick. really sick and slimed.

bobbi

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry this happen hun you can block him though don't have any connection to him at all ok hugs

3. AnnieK

AnnieK Well-Known Member

yeh, when the memories started i defriended him but forgot to block. will do. thx. :thankyoukiss:

4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

wow i'm so sorry. Is there a way to take legal actions against him? Maybe that would help you have closure? but I bet talking to this other girl made you feel better that you're not alone and it really happened....

I have a problem with believing what happens to me...because my dad treated me like I was crazy, so I doubt everything...but I'm working on that...

5. AnnieK

AnnieK Well-Known Member

yeh, i never believe anything i see or say either for the exact same reason. all the men in my family treated me like a weak, spineless, idiot who makes up stuff...so yeh.

i sent an email inquiry to the state's attorney general that it happened in. they can't help but told me to contact the county rep or local police. this is when i start to give up. when my mind says i'll get hit with a liability suit. or that nobody will come forward to support me or i won't be taken seriously. blah.

6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

does the girl you spoke to have any contacts to people who were mistreated too?
    build a base of people

7. AnnieK

AnnieK Well-Known Member

she named a couple of women he used to hit on when they were girls. she says remembering laughing it off. i don't know if those women would come forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.