Bad News From Doctor

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Godsdrummer, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

This past Friday, I had an appointment with my doc.

He is a new Doc I decided to go with, since my old doc is moving out of the area.

This was just supposed to be a get aquainted visit and a 'oh yeah, I have some scripts I need filled' kinda thing.

But I have been plagued a very phelgmy cough for the past several days.

When Doc asked if I smoked I said, yes.

When Doc asked if there was a history a med issues in the family, I told him how my paternal Grandfather died from Emphseyma.

He listened to my lungs and said, "You know, you have it, right?"

I asked him what he meant.

He then went thru the questions;
    Do you have a hard time climbing stairs? YES
    Do you sweat easily? YES
    etc.......

So he then told me, he could hook me up to a computer to verify it, but we already know.

Interestingly enough though, on my medical receipt he put down the code for bronchitis.

So I have started taking Chantix and my quit date is this Saturday the 25th.

Looks like I might actually have a cancer.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

NOt necessarily you could have emphesema like your grandfather The only way you know you had cancer is do scan on you lungs run blood test as well.
    I hope with futher testing you will find it not to be cancer but just inflammttion of the lining of lungs such as bronchits take care don't jump the gun yet okay

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Depending upon what type of respiratory condition you have, will determine how reversable it is. Once you quit, your lungs will improve almost immediately, and in 3 months, you will feel a significant difference. None of the conditions you mentioned are cancer. They are blockages of the airways to the lungs...quit and take a breath...big hugs. J

4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

He sounds a little shady to me.

This is probably more paranoidtalk. Feel free to ignore it.

5. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

Shady talk or the real deal, it doesn't matter. I think we can all agree that smoking is quite damaging to the lungs. It doesn't matter whether or not you actually have lung cancer right now or its a false alarm. The thing is that eventually all that smoking WILL kill you in time. Death's candy sure is sweet, and it sure is addicting. It's going to take a truckload of willpower to quit, but by doing so its taking one great leap for your future. Cancer can be defeated, but the acceptance of an addiction will surely destroy everything.

6. kezzygirl

kezzygirl New Member

if your dr said that to you without any medical investigations then he is well out of order.i would be seeing another dr if i were you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.