Bad night

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dearóil, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dearóil

Dearóil Member

I've been feeling pretty dreadful tonight - which is what led me to join up - and the reason is quite ridiculous really.
    I was looking through a Social Anxiety forum and came across one of those "Members Pictures" threads. They were all so bloody good-looking, complimenting one another, flirting.
    I felt so worthless in comparison, and envious too. I'll admit it, I hated them.
    Life is so kind to these people. Support, friendship, praise - it's all there to be had. All that's required is an attractive, smiling picture of yourself to place beside your username. If you don't have one you're dirt.

2. Caska

Caska Active Member

I have had those types of feelings too, when I see those pictures. I am not sure how to deal with this, maybe someone knows of a reason. It also makes me sad, because I do not perceive myself like that, and feel like a nobody in life often.

May I ask, are you not an attractive person or do you simply not have a camera? I have noticed that many times, a person can have a good pictures of themselves, if taken from the correct angle. Also, I have seen that even with a someone unattractive pictures, people can still be popular on these sites.

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: :love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.