Bad or good thing?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MoAnamCara, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I've been out of it for what seems like most of the day. Here and then not and trying to do things but have no concentration and getting mixed up and confused about what i was doing etc. Out for a drive and I know I went but don't remember it really, things are just kind of fuzzy. Very fuzzy. I feel spaced out and not with it and don't know what's going on. Bad night last night, alcohol and blades resulted. Now, I don't know what I feel. I suppose I don't care. Honestly. Is that a bad thing or a good thing?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun you know it is a bad thing i do hope you can stop drinking hun and get some help ok
  3. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

no... I didn't mean that.

Its ok, nevermind. I can't even explain myself so to hell with it.
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

It's not uncommon after a hugely emotional time to feel kind of numb or spaced. "Not caring" is a little different, though...a lack of regard for yourself is never good. However, I think maybe you DO care - after all, you reached out here.

It's rough when a day just sneak attacks with the difficult stuff. A bad night is a bad night, but not your whole future. I'm glad you're still here and just hope that you feel better soon. As TE said, try not to drink. It only deepens the depression once it stops blurring things. And if you see a therapist, this might be a good time to call for an appointment. :hug:

What immediate (and not self-destructive) things might you do to ground yourself? (My cat, a hot shower, a cup of hot chocolate, bed...all do wonders in times of need.) I'm really glad you reached out here. I'll be thinking of you. Please keep safe.
  5. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks Acy

Things started this past weekend, triggered badly. Panic and dissociation and I can't seem to shake this off. Am just trying to get some peace and get my mind to quieten and avoid drifting off. Its fine and I'm sorry and thank you all.
  6. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I feel as though I'm going crazy. Losing the plot completely. I want to run and hide and make everything disappear. Actually, I want to be gone. I don't know what's going on with me. :'(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.