Bad question (not triggering)

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jenniferelaine, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

This is going to sound so bad and selfish and self-absorbed and....just...BAD.

In the short time I've been here, and the few posts I've made, I've started to feel remotely better. Not that anything has changed for me. Everything in my own life still feels as bad as it did just a few short days ago...but I feel like when I see people who are in a state of crisis worse than I am...I can help. In some small, tiny, tiny way...I can do something that is more than sit and drown in myself.

Does anyone else feel this way, even some of the time? Does being here, and the thought of hopefully helping others make you better?

(And of course, if I"m just a horrible person who isn't helpful and ya'll hate me and my posts, please delete this).

2. reptor

reptor Well-Known Member

You're feeling good because it's human nature. if you are able to help someone then more power to you. Just don't ever take it personally if you can't help someone when you try.

3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

This is true for me for sure.

It is like all the pain I have had to endure can be turned into something positive ...helping, understanding and relating to others. My pain has some sort of meaning now that it didn't have before.

Someone once told me "when it hurts give" so when I am hurting I try to reach out and be of help to others as best as I can, don't know if I am but I believe if in our hearts of hearts we genuinely reach out will will touch someone and that does make a difference.

Also I think feeling connected to others on some level helps me to stay on this Earth...like I have a bond with the members here that I honor by staying around.

Hope this helps.

4. forlorn

forlorn Staff Alumni

Totally agree with you, thats why Im here too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.