Bad supporter

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by HakunaMatata, Jan 8, 2012.

1. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Well-Known Member

There are so many people suffering here. I sometimes can’t even bring myself to read the new topics/replies that have been added, and when I do, yeah I feel crappy but I also feel guilty for not replying. I feel my advice isn’t good enough and I feel that I might as well let someone better step in.

I’m sure I’m not the only one here that’s like this.

I have much appreciation towards those that try to support others.
  2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Don't feel that way. Sometimes knowing that SOMEONE is just "there" is enough, for me anyhow. Knowing that someone has read and understands the words I share and simply says "I'm here if you need", is relief enough at times.

3. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

I agree with MoAnamCara.. Just letting people know someone else read your post.. at least when I write mine.. makes me feel like someone actually cared to at least say they do..

There are a lot struggling here but we all try and keep each other sane enough..

4. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Well-Known Member

I could say that, but i don't want to as A) it sounds like a lame response B) I don't i can be there for someone cause i'm barely supporting myself. Nevermind though, thanks for responding.
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I have felt like this so many times and even avoided coming to the forum just because I didn't want to look at posts I know I couldn't answer. You can only do so much though. You're just one person. Especially if like you said you're struggling yourself.
  6. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

You shouldn't feel guilty. I only respond to posts that I think I have something of value to contribute to. You can't help everybody. Plus, like you said, other people step in. Someone will answer that post even if it's not you.