Bad things come in threes - Right?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by *dilligaf*, Apr 10, 2009.

1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Please tell me that's true. I can't take any more today.

My Nan's ring just broke :cry: It's one of the few things I have of hers I have. And I have been wearing it recently. :cry: Mum's going to try and get it fixed, I hope they can do it :cry:

Mum's mate is going into a certain hospital and Mum wants to go see her. Which is fine, but my mum is a travelling nightmare and she would never get there alone. So I'm going to have to go with her. I DON'T want to go there. I do not want to go anywhere near there :dry: But how can I say no :sad:

Third thing I don't feel able to discuss at the moment, but yeah, there is a third thing.

I seriously hope the "bad things come in threes" saying is right because I am going out tonight and my Mum, aunt and cousin are going to be there ... And I'm so worried it is going to go wrong! I will be on my best behaviour. But my best mate and her "boyfriend" aren't talking and knowing them it will end up in a fight which I will have to deal with! I just want everything to go okay while my family are there.

Sorry, ranting.

2. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're going through this just now, I don't have anything I can offer, but a :hug: Sorry we've not spoken as much for a while, but my PM box etc is open if you need to vent

take care

3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks hun :hug:

Nice to know someone cares x

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya, hun. Sorry to hear that you're feeling very stressed. :hug:

Lots of jewellery can be repaired. (The jewellers hire special elves with teeny tiny soldering irons :tongue:.) Seriously, my sister has had two antique rings repaired.

Travelling with your mother: Well, you know already that this gets her anxious/testy. Could you proactively nip any of your mom's travel issues in the bud before they arise? (e.g., Traveling with small kids you PLAN bathroom breaks, have some travel toys on hand. I have a friend who needs to know exactly where we are going - so I show her a map and make a general timeline of where we'll be at what time during the traveling. What does your mom need to keep calm?

You said you don't want to go "there" - to the hospital, I gather. Can you keep your own part of the visit short? Lots of people dislike hospitals intensely and patients do understand. Also, too many people at once for too long can be tiring for a patient, but the patient might not say anything for fear s/he'll seem ungrateful. Stay for a bit, then maybe say, "I'll leave you two to visit alone for a bit. Can I get you anything - magazines, tea?" And scoot out for a while.

If your friends have a fight when you go out, it's on THEM, not on you.

Things will be fine. :hug: Good luck!

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Hey hun.
    OMG special elves?!?!?! :laugh:

Right, so the travelling with my Mum, she will probs be okay if I'm with her, just not if she was alone.
    As for not wanting to go "there" It's not the actual hospital I have a problem with, it's where it is .. in the place I used to live. And I don't want to go back there again. I'll PM you in a mo and explain.

Omg, the fighting bit. The fight happened. But it was between me and my best mate. We had some slanging match in the pub car park and I went home and left her there. Poor Joe had to listen to me crying and shouting for 45 mins at 2:30 this morning!!
    We are talking again now, and all is fine. So fine infact, that I am going out with her again tonight!! :laugh:

Feeling a little better today, as you can probs tell

Love you :hug: