Bad trip: headaches and the needle

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by WhyMeWhy, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Pain never was my thing. If you could experience the level of pain I do..... I don't know what you'd do, if you're a pain freak of some kind you'd probably get off. Now, I was in the hospital the other day cryin and I spoke to a doc about my pain. He suggested usin the IV & they put one into my hand. Now, they first try some non-narcotic stuff like Torodol or whatever. It has no effect on me sadly. Then they bust out w/ the Dilaudid, 2 mg. and shoot me up.... immediately you get this intense feeling as the drug rushes through your bloodstream. I can't explain that feeling at all, and I don't really like it.... then you get the opiate "high", & the pain ceases for me.... not 1 min. after the shot. I have to take many narcotic pills(dependin on strength) & wait up to an hour to acheive the same effect.... so I'm considering finding a personal doc who can prescribe painkiller in liquid form & disposable needles, the more pills I have to take the more I run the risk of pukin, I have strong gag reflex. It's ludacrous that I have to go to such extremes, I don't reccomend it. I don't want to live my life in this pain however, it's no fun, especially when it happens every fuckin day! I no longer care what I have to do to make it stop because it's hell. :mad:

2. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Well pain is said to start from the brain as signal that something is wrong in the body. Forget the liquid opium type thing to long lasting relief. It wont work alone. What you need is to get in touch with a pain management team at the hospital combined with a psichiatrist. No, am not out of my mind nor off track telling you this. One will work on stopping the messages to and from the brain whereas the other will work on the pain problem itself. Best advice is this hun.

Now in case none has ever explain this to you, lasting pain brings depression and depression renders a person more sensitive and receptive to pain so a deadly vicious circle. One who suffers lasting pain is unfortunatley proven often depressive and suicidal. No wonder...... have to go through it to understand it but those are facts,
    not off my head or else.

On a scale from 1 to 10? I live on 15 round the clock (on good days chit) for i dont care to count the number of years anymore. So take my word, this is the only way out of this situation.

Good luck and dont give up....... it can be stopped and your life can be as comfortable and enjoyable as any other.

granny xx

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  3. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Thanx for the info. Yes I went to see a doctor and no he did not use needles on me, I did not even ask..... I have resigned myself to the pills(Which I recieved a decent amount of) because I usecd to cry when I saw needles, in my teen years. I don't think I really want them, though the rapidness of the relief that they can provide is very attractive when the pain is killing you/me. Oh well nuts to that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.