Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Elle., Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

I can't tell anymore whether or not what I'm doing to myself is bad.

I can't see the state of my cuts anymore it's like they're never bad enough.

I just keep on doing it as if it's just something I do. I don't think about it being a problem. Should I?

I mean, it helps me so much and it's the only thing that's my own. Like my secret and the one thing I can turn to when everyone/thing else gives up.

Then why should I think of cutting as bad? :-(
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I can relate today woke up okay then now ahahahahahh ihate people who are just plain rude. I am sorry your not feeling well don't hurt yourself over them Just remember your better then them.
  3. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

It doesn't help to think of cutting as bad or good. It just is.

Cutting provides a release chemically within that is a relief, it also serves to bring one out of a disconnected and / or painful state. It actually makes sense when you look at it this way. Yet, it is also harmful, addicting and messy besides.

Yes, there are other ways to produce the same results, less harmful ones. But this is a coping mechanism that serves a purpose. The key is to find the reason you need this coping mechanism and try to work through the problem or pain so you don't need to harm yourself. Focussing on the cutting itself is missing the point.

In the mean time it is sometimes helpful to look for other options that would serve the same purpose. Aerobic exercise sometimes provides the same chemical changes; or for some chocolate and/ or wine can help.

Try to find other options and look for the source of the problem; what is most important is to take care of yourself! Try to find less harmful ways to serve the same purpose...
  4. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

thank you.. was helpful.. I guess i need to find help because i sure cant do this on my own... no one i know would be willing or able to help so i dont really know what is best for me to do.. I just know I need a different mindset
  5. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Saying you need a different mindset is the first step...

Try finding a counselor... Is there anyone you can ask?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.