• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Balding... felt suicidal for years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

starryeyed

Actually baldness is widely known to be a sign of virility.Ive often heard women will go for bald men first.Anyway its about who you are inside.

johnnysays

Pressure on people to sleep with someone by a certain age is something I always thought was wrong with our society. And its purely a hollywood thing, people outside hollywood, who aren't teenagers, don't really care. I first slept with someone when I was 26. Most adults would tell you they regreted rushing into it, or were pregnant as teenagers.

It can be hard if your not satisfied with you appearance. But people don't see us as harshly as we see ourselves. It doesn't mean you should give up.

Lacking a finger, you could us that as a conversation started, tell someone you lost it in a bet!! :smile:
I can answer why being older and a virgin sucks so bad. The reason is you're afraid to miss what it's like to have relations with a young partner. You're afraid you'll be 45 when you finally get the chance but by then you'll be too old to enjoy the best of it. It's just like anything else. You don't dream of being a baseball player when you're 50. Researchers want to get their masters degrees when they're young so they can be notable in their 20's and 30's. They do this because they know that people do their best work in their 30's and 40's but after that it gets a lot rarer and more difficult. Basically, it's not fun to cross the finish line late.

If you think about it, it's really picky. We can be happy without these things, but they still weigh on our mind.

I mean, myself. I'm a failed experiment. If I was born in 1950 I would have died when they cut me out. I've failed. But if I do recover I'll be older than most and by the time I'd have my 4 year degree I'd be in my late 30's. At the rate I'm going, I may be in my 40's by that time. That's too pathetic for me to contemplate. Sometimes I imagine that death would be better, but there's no doubt that I don't watn to die. I just am stubborn as an ox and keep moving forward even though the bridge is crumbling beneath me.

Funny thing is a health problem might end up killing me anyway.,

I'm a firm believer that life is about making the best of your circumstances and moving forward. But we can't help people who've given up. I feel I've given up. I gave up in 2000. I can't be helped unless I pick myself up. It's mostly my fault. I know that.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnnysays

Yeah the feeling of not being able to do anything to prevent it feels just great, doesn't it? Just hopelessly watching while the hair on your head escapes... priceless! I've already tried finasteride to counter it, didn't really do anything. I'm thinking of trying it again just for the fuck of it. What have I got to lose?

One more of my problems is that I have to take a shitty FULL-TIME job for the summer for the money and I really don't know if I can deal with it. I really don't know if I'll have the strength to work full-time in my current condition... I've been working part-time since January and even that has been stressful enough since this shit started like over a month ago.
Be glad that you have a job. Best times in my life were when I had decent jobs. You know I laugh to myself when I think about it. It makes no sense that I waste my life away when I know full well that I was happiest with the good jobs I had in the past. Strange f***** up sh** i don't understand it. A good 40 hour/week job is like heavne compared to not working at all.

johnnysays

You know your attitude is appalling .people are trying to help and youre throwing it in their face.id focus on your attitude and forget about your imaginary problems.you got more replies than me,a person whos seriously sick and desperate.and on top of it youre blaming someone else for being good looking.your problem is yourself not your scalp.pure ungrateful
Calm down. You don't know him. You have an image in your head of him but it's probably wrong. It helps in this forum to keep our aggressive feelings to ourselves and only let the compassionate feelings out. Constructive posts are best.

Be glad that you have a job. Best times in my life were when I had decent jobs. You know I laugh to myself when I think about it. It makes no sense that I waste my life away when I know full well that I was happiest with the good jobs I had in the past. Strange f***** up sh** i don't understand it. A good 40 hour/week job is like heavne compared to not working at all.
It's not a good job, it's a shitty job to do with my education, but I can't get a better one. But I can't really afford to turn down the money with which I can even dream about having a hair transplant or something. I probably won't do that but one can always dream. And starryeyes, if that's all you got to say please stop responding in this thread. How the hell could you know about the depth of my problems? You couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$255.00