Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Dreamer uk, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamer uk

    Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

    There are just too many regulations in this world, I can't cope with it.

    I've now got a letter saying the baliffs are coming to get £444 for council tax that I owe.

    I got a letter ages ago saying I had to pay £181 including £40 court costs for council tax, so I paid it, about a month before the court case.

    so, it was £181 which was paid anyway, now they think I'm gonna get £444 or my stuff.

    Over my dead body

    And this council tax bill is in advance, this runs upto april, and they're making me pay it up front and it's already been paid as well, do I have to pay for my bin collections up front for the year, does anybody pay me in advance for anything, wages, benefits, no, do they fuck.

    I've been paying them money when I wasn't even working, they should owe money but I can't handle their beaurocracy, plus how much benefit do I get to help with my mortgage? Fuck all, is what I'm entitled to. I'm still waiting to hear from incapacity benefit, that was well over a month ago now.

    It is an urban jungle out there and I can't handle it, I just want to go back to nature, live in a treehouse or something, this way of living just isn't right, too many rules & regulations and bullshit.
  2. TheWr0ngChild

    TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

    For one, Council tax is never paid in advance, if you've settled your debt and court costs that should be it, your in the UK, so please get yourself to the CAB, they know ALOT about things like this, and most Councils are SCARED of them, and often alter errors, which I think this may be as they are fragmented up into so many different departments and frequently get things lost and mixed up, it could very well be that someone else ows £444, a previous house owner, mixed up address etc, it is so easy for them to do, and they won't bother to correct it unless you make a stand and get the right advice, CAB can make phone calls on your behalf, write letters on your behalf, help you chase up Incapacity Benefit, loads of things, and I'm sure they can help you here, it's what they specilise in.

    And it is also wrong that you have to pay bin collections up front, do you still pay full council tax on top of this, because the bin collection is one of the main components of the Council tax bill.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2008
  3. Dreamer uk

    Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

    Thanks, I've got an appointment with CAB soon, the psychiatrist said they would arrange it.

    They do make you pay council tax up front, by default, you have to graciously ask them to spread payments. Last time, I didn't pay the first couple of bills cos I had no money, then I get a bill for like £800, not £130 which was it should be for, but the whole year. I just pay it because at that point they're threatening with court costs and baliffs. I've done this a few times, and paid the court costs as well, but this is the first time I've had another bill for £444 for nowt. They said they're gonna come and take my stuff and auction it off, lol.

    They've even had my Nan in tears, and sent my mom massive bills even though they're pensioners and don't have to pay it.

    I tried to phone the baliffs 3 times this morning but I got fed up waiting on the phone.
  4. TheWr0ngChild

    TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

    Fear is their best weapon, they automaticaly assume your scared of them in order to make you pay up, when in fact their powers or reletivly limited, the CAB can negotiate repayment plans on debts to suit both you and the other party, they can make sure they fully understand your income, they think just because they are a government body they can do anything, which is not only wrong, but sometimes it's illegal, and the CAB will be able to check of any laws have been broken on their part, and sending your mom your bills sounds VERY dodgy to me and is probably a process of intimidation, if there is proof of any violation on their part, it's you that is owned money.
  5. Dreamer uk

    Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

    Thanks for the advice. I know I'll have baliffs due at some point but I thought it would be when I stopped paying the bills, upto now I've managed to keep paying them even though I've had no income. CAB can sort it out, as long as I can feed myself and I'm not homeless. I'm not really bothered, I don't want anything out of this life anyway I don't even care if I continue to exist or not.

    No, I don't mean sending my bills to my moms. I paid my bill, but I've still ended up with another bill anyway for the baliffs fees or whatever. Both my mom and nan have had their own bills even though they don't have to pay it, some sort of benefit screwup.

    I think I should have been somebodies pet dog in this life.
  6. Terry

    Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

    They bullied me into paying the whole year as well :mad:
    CAB should definetly be able to help and sort it out.
  7. TheWr0ngChild

    TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

    Also you need to chase up that Incapacity benefit, this particular agency is known for holding back hoping you will forget, it's just another trick they have in trying to put claments off, be prepaired to have to attend a medical, although I have never had to because Asperger Syndrome is not classed as medical, so I'm not too sure, but just be prepaired for this as a posibility. I see it as they don't want to pay out, even if they know they have to, specialy with all this stupid "new deal" stuff designed to try and force some genuine claiments into work. Also if you explain your curcumstances to CAB they will be able to tell you if your entitled to any other benefits such as Income Support and DLA (Disability Living Allowence) If you qualify for income support, you automaticaly qualify for a 100% Council tax reduction too I think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.