bank account ceased and no money

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Mar 5, 2013.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

my bank account was ceased by the government because of the student loans I have left, it took three days to realize it wasn't the bank but the government so today the finance place I'm with has sent a letter to them to unfreeze it. So right now I can't pay my rent or buy food. My mom did give me a few dollars and we're hoping that my grand ma is home and she can spare a few dollars too.

But I hate having to ask money of people. Especially since I do have a check, but it got returned from the the bank so I have to wait until welfare receives it, then they process it and send me one by mail. This might take two weeks or so. (hopefully less than a week)

it is so stressful... I don't know when that will happen. If I try to open another account they will cease it... I'm so tired too...

my finance place says they are not supposed to do that, it's against the law...has this happened to anyone here?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

They cannot do that hun your fiance is right how can government freeze your account I would look into legal advice ok

3. morning rush

well right now it's better to wait and see...that's all I can do for the moment...I just keep thinking why me?

4. total eclipse

Hugs to you hun

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It has happened to a friend of mine...it is just awful...is there a check cashing place near you to cash the other check?

6. morning rush

yes I will as soon as I get it...they need to send it to me through mail first, 'cause I have direct deposit normally so the checks go straight to the bank, but since it was ceased, it was returned.

I don't wish this on my worse enemy...on the plus side, I'm eating stuff I have left over...even found an old box of microwave popcorn so I popped one...tastes like crap, but I'm not picky at all...it's like I appreciate what I had before, more now than ever...

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

What a great way to look at this...and I know it is clique, but this too shall pass...don't you hate when you do everything right and the Universe still trashes your birthday cake, so to say? It happened to me recently and was so frustrating

8. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

I dont understand why they would cease the account. Do u owe back student loans? Seems kinda fishy to me on government part. Maybe make ppl go to school so owe government money all their lives.

9. morning rush

just wanted to update everyone that I did receive my check but I couldn't cash it at the bank since my account is still frozen, after some running around I was able to go to a different bank and get my check but I can't get another account until the frozen account is settle. It is a real hassle because now I have to run everywhere to pay stuff, and well I can't emit checks or pay bills normally paid by bank...my mom offered to have them paid at her bank, meaning I give her the bill and the money and she goes to her bank to pay it...so I will do that...

man that was just a big headache, but at least next month I should get my check in the mail just in case that the account is still frozen...government is sure taking his time...

thank you for responding to this thread, that meant a lot to me, because this really stressed me out...

10. total eclipse

Glad you got your check hun and your mom is being so supportive Hope this is all resolved quickly hugs

11. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Good luck

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm glad things are better and that you have your mum to help you out, hope all get's sorted soon. :hug: