Banned for a crisis

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Ilak, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilak

Ilak Member

I've been on another mental health forum for years... like 7 years. I've been leaning on them heavily lately, yeah, i'm a mess. Then they up and banned me without any warning. It's "temporary" they say, until I get my shit together. Do you think this is helping me get my shit together? I need them. It's weird posting on another forum. Y'all are great no doubt, but over there is my home. I'm flailing without them.

Being rejected for being in a bad place... is putting me in a worse place. Help.............

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Presumably they have guidelines on what is acceptable there just like we do here. If you violated there guidelines then on posting then they take the privilege , just as we do here. I am not going to make a judgement on another forum and there decisions but is sounds like they are saying the scope of your situations exceeds what they believe they are capable of giving support for and we have removed privileges for the same reason for the safety of both the involved member and other members many times.

I am sorry you feel rejected by them and i hope you can find the support you need here. If you want to discuss what your situation is then perhaps somebody here can help until you either get to a place where you can be comfortable there again , or are comfortable here and decide we meet your needs here.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben

3. Ilak

Ilak Member

Ugh, just ugh. :( I didn't make any suicide threats or anything. And they didn't even give me a warning. I was just askign for help.

4. NYJmpMaster

Happy to try to help you here if you want to share what is going on in your life?

5. Ilak

Ilak Member

Depressed. Severely says doc. I put off asking for help for way too long, to the point of crisis. I've got a doc who is reluctantly treating me because I work in the industry and want it to stay private. But he says I'm on the wrong side of the line and his threshold is very low for sending me to the hospital. I don't want that, but there's a tiny bit of me that does. A safe place.

I've been on meds for tthree days. The other forum banned be right as I was taking my first dose and getting myself hopefully on the right path.

Not all better though. Suicide thoughts are raging. It takes these meds 6 weeks to kick in, and I'm trying to learn a new job too. Cappy time, all around. Who wouldn't want it to all be over?

6. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

Ilak, I'm here to listen if you want to talk. Sorry you feel so bad.

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is safe here to talk I am sorry they banned you i do know how that feels it hurts but this place took me in when i was banned and it is a carry forum here. I do hope the medication kicks in soon it may not be at the optimum level but it should show some signs of helping within a week
    Can you talk to someone at your job to take some time off work until you feel more stable or maybe decrease your hours some I am glad you got a therapist to help you
    Keep talking to us ok you are not alone here hugs

8. Ilak

Ilak Member

Thanks. Work is hard these days, but those are also my safest hours, so not working right now would be a disaster. I have to just keep plugging along. I have lots of Dr appointments as the Dr doesn't trust me to stay alive otherwise. I have to be careful at appointments to not fake good so well he doesn't help me enough, but not be such a disaster he hospitalizes me. I'm very close to that line for the hospital. I see him this pm. I want more clonazepam, but not enough to hoard and od on, and I don't want to seem like im still so bad his treatment didn't work so I need the hospital. Such a fine fine line. I just want sleep and to stop crawling out of my skin.

9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HOpe you can be totally honest with doc ok If a hospital stay is necessary rather get it now before you get too low but i do understand that fine line
    Glad you are reaching out for some help take care of YOU ok hugs

10. NYJmpMaster

You can be relatively honest and not have to fake. The only question that will get you hospitalized is do you want to kill yourself NOW followed by you have a plan and availability of method. If you say you are thinking about it because it seems like the simplest way but do not intend to act on it then you are probably not going to be hospitalized. If the answers to those are all "yes" and you think you may act on it then the hospital is the best place for you anyway.

11. Ilak

Ilak Member

When he got to the "plan" questions I lied and said no. He could tell. He asked if it was a lie. I said no again. He knows how close I am. I know how close I am. But I'm not okay with the hospital.

I'm already too low. I waited too long. I should have gotten treatment two months ago. I let it go until crisis.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.