Barely hanging on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jmchevy, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmchevy

jmchevy New Member

I posted a while back about having suicidal thoughts for over a year. I have tinnitus along with depression and anxiety and some other medical issues. I am no longer able to work and have applied for disablity, last week I had to go to a pscyh doctor for a required exam (not my regular doctor). I cried through the whole thing but I dont think I conveyed to the doctor just how bad I feel. But regardless my thoughts of suicide are growing stronger as the last several weeks have gone by, mainly due to my tinnitus getting worse and losing interest in life. My daughter is getting married in one week, I have got to try and hang on for her and my wife, but I feel certain that after the wedding I am going to give up and end it all. I know it will devastate my wife and daughter but I cant live with this emotional pain any longer. I see my regular doctor this week, Im afraid if I tell him the truth about my feelings he will hospitalize me and Ill miss my daughters wedding. I am so down right now I dont care about myself anymore.

2. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

I'm sorry things are so bad for you. Perhaps you should just concentrate on keeping going until your daughters wedding and not make any plans other than that. Or, if you must plan something, plan to talk to your regular doctor after the wedding and tell him how you truly feel. Give him a chance to try and make things better, if he can. I hope the wedding goes well and that things improve for you.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu talk to your doctor now hun tell him about all this emotional pain tell him you are going to hold on for your daughter wedding but will need help directly afterwards to stay here ok
    YOur right your daughter and wife will be devastated and their lives will never be the same they will carry a deep sadness inside them and guilt . You can prevent this hun by getting the help you need it is there hun you just have to ask for it clearly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.