Barley Water? Have anyone make those?

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Am curious about Barley Water as I have never heard of this nor have I tried it before. Stumbled upon a health blog on this water in the summertime cooling the body down.

Any feedback would be appericated.

I am going to be making a batch from pearled barley tomorrow night the only kind I have access to right now .

DrownedFishOnFire

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@sassy123

Was able to make a batch. NOT so bad. Kind of like drinking barley infused water IMO which I like the taste to start off with. The only thing added was pink salt in boiling water. Set the barley aside for snack later today and tomorrow.

boiled 1 cup of barley in 15 cups of water give or take with some pink salt for 20 minutes of roiling boil then simmered for the next 40 minutes. I let it cool down before pouring them into containers.

Some reciepes call for lemon, sugar etc al kinds of flavor to add to this drink. I didnt do this step as the taste i do like it plain.

Think if I start to feel better after drinking those the next 2 days I might make it more often as a tonic drink

DrownedFishOnFire

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Supposedly aids in digestion. Its been a drink for centuries alomg with cooling down the body in the summer.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00