Basically losing someone very close to me.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Emree, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Emree

Emree New Member

My best friend has recently gotten kicked out of his house and was forced to move in with his dad and step mom. On top of that, he now has to transfer to a different school. All of this has happened within the past week.

I was trying to figure out ways he could stay, I came up with a few, but he shot them all down. I asked him if he even wanted to stay at our current school, and he said, simply, 'no'.

It feels he's just abandoning me, he's my only really close friend. I know this isn't his fault and he didn't plan this to happen. No one wanted this to happen. But it seems like he's not even making an effort to stay. He doesn't care. I feel like I'm being selfish, and I am, so much shit has happened to him the past few days, I shouldn't be making this about me, which is why I haven't said any of this to him.

I'm so accustomed to hanging out with him and being with him almost everyday. It's going to be cut down to the weekends, if that.

A big reason this bothers me so much is because, everyone I've ever gotten close to like this has had to leave me somehow. And last week, I was thinking about that, and I was going to mention it to him, I didn't, and now this happened.

in short:

He's going to go to a new town, a new school, make new friends, and, probably, replace and forget me. I don't think I can handle that.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Emree,
    You are going to find out once school is over that your friends are going to scatter with the wind..Some will go to college, some might join the military, and others will just up and move away to get away from there home town.. You will also find that you will make a whole new set of friends who are more mature and know what they want out of life..
    Right now instead of wallowing in the pain from loosing a good friend you should focus on you and what you want for yourself once school is done.. Hopefully you will concentrate on keeping a high GPA so you can move onto college. In the world now adays you need as many diplomas as you can get to land a well paying job. Try putting your focus on that for now..Friends will gravitate your way..It is the way of the world we live in..Take care!!