Battle of the sexes

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Confusticated, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Why do men have to be better than women, or women have to be better than men? Why can't we be equal?

2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Why can't we just stand in a giant circle, hold hands, and sing? Why can't we?

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Because we are women and men. Males and females. Opposites. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. And both feel the need to be recognized for the same. And because us women like to stir the shit and keep the men on their toes!!!!

4. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Physical attributes, hormonal attributes, natural attributes..

I recon differences of any sort lead to differences. Does that make sense? We're getting better, but we forget our differences too sometimes. The parts that are naturally our own besides the mentally. The Males of species have roles, the females have roles. We mentally know how to break our roles, but it's like tearing through a jelly. It coats us still, so we still have a taint of the roles we play in our lives. Some can beat it, some don't want too.

I'd rather just be me and fuck anyone who tells me who and how I should be. Even nature.

Can I hold your hand Mike?

5. itmahanh

Ok Mike, how's Kumbaya? You start..... Hey you dont have to break my delicate fingers with your vice like grip!! (lmao).

6. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Men are better at some things. Women are better at some things.

7. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Because men are physically superior to women and at least equal in every thing else that has ever existed, what with any other traits merely being taught to us as children anyway.

8. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

not all men are phycially superior 2 women.. some guys are puny :unsure:

9. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Generally speaking men are stronger, women are more flexible.
    Of course there are always exceptions, though.

10. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

yea some women are freakishly strong :unsure:
    but i guess thats not the point lol

11. itmahanh

When men can start having to buy their first training bra, pms, menstrual cycles,popping babies out from between their legs and menopause, then I'll listen to how physically, or any other way shape or form they are superior. Ladies.... we win! (lmfao)

12. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Haha you've never been kicked in the area that was only ever meant to be treated nicely. When a woman has a child, sometimes they want another. When a guy gets kicked there, he NEVER asks for it to happen again XD So I have to slightly disagree and say we are equal to a point XP

13. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Maybe it's because women have had to fight tooth and nail for everything that should be a given. Like the right to vote, which they only recieved in the U.S. in the early 1900's and still don't have in many countries.

Then, you have these ridiculous coutries in which men determine that the women must cover their faces in public. I don't know of any in which the women make the men cover theirs.

14. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

Women have a higher pain tolerance than men.

15. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

nice try.Women CAN become as strong physically as men to a practical degree that would make a fight fair,if not stronger than some,are AS smart as men,are AS agile if they want to be,and CAN give birth to children,which MEN cannot.So in fact,men and women are equal and I am being generous to men in saying this...because I won't be immature and say that pregnancy makes women physically superior.But we ARE equal..nature has thus deemed it so.Deal with it people.

16. itmahanh

lmao!! But there are some women that would love to give it a second shot!!! lol

17. itmahanh

Bet I could name a few where it should be law though!!! lol

18. itmahanh

Well if nature as you say has deemed this, then why cant the world over hear it? Too much of it has to do with age old culturals and even back to the beginning of mans (and womans) existance on earth. The men generally were the hunters, that all others relied on to survive. So it is quickly said that man since the beginning of time was superior. But if the women were not able to be physically and emotionally strong enough to carry all those babies throughout the history of time to full term, we wouldnt be here. So I think it is pretty much balanced for equality at least when our very existance is viewed and the roles that both male and female played.

19. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Biologically, men and women were intended to complement one another, so theoretically, while equal in many respects, each sex has it's own strength and weaknesses for which the other is intended to shore up.

This is reflected in numerous sociological and anthropological studies that noted that even societies where both sexes were regarded as equals, they each were given seperate but crucial tasks considered suitable to their ability. Women have a natural maternal instinct that makes them better at raising children, while men have greater physical strength for menial labor. Now granted both sexes can easily switch such roles, especially since they're usually based on gender (a social construct) as oppossed to sex (biologically founded). But some degree their ingrained as part of nature's intention to make us complementary to each other.

20. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

women did more than raise the children,they were the "gatherers",,prepared the food,maintained the cave(lol),the village,or the whatever..just like today,they did most of everything but the actual hunting.And there is NO evidence that men considered themselves superior to women waay back very ancient times...the idea cavemen dragged women by their hair to the cave is ridiculous and probably just not true.I would be wiling to bet women were far more physically robust in very ancient times..(way before even Egyptian empire)
    Women have evolved to become less and less physically strong because of the roles they took on in a changing civilization.But taking everything into consideration today..we are still equal..or..balanced as you say.Of course women still do more than men and also bring home the bacon.Not that THAT makes women superior.:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.