BBQ Etiquette

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by FoundAndLost1, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBQ Etiquette

After so many long months of cold and winter, we are coming to summer and the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking as it’s the only type of cooking a real man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved. When a man volunteers to do the BBQ, the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine…

1) The woman buys the food
    2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert
    3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill – beer in hand

Here comes the important part…

4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL

More routine…

5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery
    6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation

Important again:

7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN

More routine…

8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table
    9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes

And most important of all:

10) EVERYONE PRAISES THE MAN AND THANKS HIM FOR HIS COOKING
    EFFORTS
    11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed “her night off”. And upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there’s just no pleasing some women!

:tongue:

2. iceeblusmurf

iceeblusmurf Senior Member

:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

not cool dude :p

3. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

I agree ice

4. NOT a dude.... :wink:

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

As the "woman" who spent the afternoon preparing everything for the barbecue..son wandered down from playing WOW...son grabbed beer...son got the barbecue going and managed to singe every hair off of arm :laugh:..son added meat..meanwhile I've made the salad (marination of meat done earlier) cooked two meals for the freezer for later in the week..prepared samosa mix for tomorrow and marinated the chicken for tomorrow..washed up twice.
    Have run into the garden with utensils and more beer 3 times.
    Finally eating done..son returns to room (exhausted) to continue WOW...me spends next hour clearing the decks from the whole thing :dry:

THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG HERE!!!!!

and yes...his parting shot..."hope you enjoyed your day off" :mad::laugh:

6. ...Hope he can repeat this magnanimous feat again NEXT weekend...and perhaps burn the hair off his OTHER arm - so that they match!!!! :laugh:

7. iceeblusmurf

iceeblusmurf Senior Member

i call everyone dude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.