Be Damd if I know! I am having issues, I am Frustrated which is unusual

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by True-Lee, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I saw a posting in the Forum, I went to it, I started to reply, it switched me to another window,it said reply to thread , it was not like a normal window for response, I went back I user the arrow in the top left corner to return, I tried it again, It brought me back to the same place, for some reason it would not let me respond in the normal way. no matter what I did it would not work as it usually does, it is one thing to get and send duplicate messages it is a glitch or something I have used computers for over 37 years longer then some in here have been alive, I am certainly not a computer whiz, I have made a couple but 10 year olds do that now, but I do know a little! I have been a moderator on several web sites, so i know how things can happen, i have dealt with bots and floods an other things, lol all stuff that cannot help you find my issue if it is even that ( I am Rolling My Eyes Now) i am trying to maintain my sense of Humor or as they say in Maine humahh? ahyup, any way, at some point i will connect with someone Argh I am dealing with a Migraine right now so I am going to calm down or try to a little I cant do more right now! but try to deal with my head! I will be around! I Hope! Maybe some one can explain to me what is going on!

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm so sorry you're experiencing a glitch with the system! I'll leave it to the tech wizards on staff to figure it for you! But I can definitely empathize...with both the computer issues and the migraine. Maybe step away from the computer for a while? It doesn't help a headache to stare at a computer screen - especially if the system is not cooperating. Sometimes I just do a reboot and that works. I don't like glitches - they don't match my expecations. lol

I hope you feel better soon. :) *hug*

3. thorns_all_over

thorns_all_over Green Thumb Staff Alumni

It would be helpful to know, what post you tried to reply to. Maybe a screenshot of the incident.
    Does it still happen with that post?

4. True-Lee

Acey, Thank You, I have dial up I live in a remote area of Maine, I live virtually in the woods, I am on the Very End or everything, phone and electric any one goes out between me an power or phone I lose it! I have a slow connection so I am use to things like that, if I have an issue, I just wait averg, is 3 days for anything Shrugs, just saying, with me things match my expectations. yesterday was different, I tried I think 6 or 7 times, I even DC my system went back still the same, it has happened before but this time,..........
    I guess to say I have never had anything like that happen to me would be sufficient. I was almost as low as I have ever been in my life, it happened with no reasonable or rational explanation, not that nothing bad ever happened before, this was just to me right then, off the charts. I will deal! I still have the Migraine so.................... shrugs.................. I guess things will happen! with me continuing to cry, I guess I will by stocks in a tissue company! or buy some more hand towels! Thanks!

5. True-Lee

Thank You, thorns all over it was a post on Suicide forum about an off switch It was only one line, I have since responded, someone had responded prior to me, I went in clicked on, everything worked fine like a precision clock, The pace it went to was one I had gotten before, When I get it again, I know that i will, I am sure that there will be an explanation why it does that, to me right then, it was like why does it keep doing that, I was the first person to respond to the post it kept saying every time, you have responded to a new thread!
    it was a different page format! Well I guess that horse is beaten enough now, it is dead. Thanks again, Now to me it seems much ado about nothing! Sometimes I feel like I have lost a connection with reality, I know I have not, but it does feel that way at times!
    Having been and done Crises Intervention Counseling,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, enough said I think!

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

True-Lee, I'm glad things are working for you again.

Ooooh, Maine - the coast is so rugged, the woods are so deep! A lovely state! Maine is the only place I've ever been that served full-body deep fried clams; so gooey-rich and delicious!

Do you enjoy the deep woods remoteness? Do you see bears, deer, wolves, coyotes and moose? (Oh! Now I want to go back to Maine for a visit. It's been decades! :D)

2 people like this.
  7. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

8. True-Lee

I thank you for your assistance, I should say I am on dial up so I do not know where I can save, I am using an obsolete Windows XP it has been working if not the best, at least consistently! I works fine for about an hour then slowly loses speed ie internet, I DC the connection then restart an it starts all over again!it cannot maintain a steady speed for DL, It won't be around much longer! but it won't have to! I have Mozilla, I have had Firefox for years, I am happy with it! I do appreciate you thoughtfulness!

9. True-Lee

Acy, it has seemed like a year ago I made this thread, (I shake my head ) an shrug! Yes ahh Maine, I love Fried Clams, too yummm, I don't know if I ever replied to this post. lol I use to remember things like that, "shrugs again"!
    Yes I like the quiet, I have seen all of those animals and more, I have seen A Fisher, actually more then one as well as Bob Cats and Lynx. I have counted eggs in a Peregrine Falcons nest and watch the young grow! as well as seeing them Fly for the First time! They are Beautiful birds a little funny to when they make mistakes as all young creatures do! They are truly awesome to watch! I have watched twin baby fawns taking their first steps and after falling several times them getting up and bouncing away! Well, I hope that I have helped answer your hunger for Maine! Winks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.