Be Happy! It ain't that hard!!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Suraj, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suraj

Suraj New Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum. It's heartening to see such a support group for some of us who feel low.

To anyone who's had a bad day or is feeling depressed about something-
    You don't choose the events of your life, you choose to react to them! The quality of your life depends on the state of your mind -and the remote control's always in your hand! You don't need to have a reason for being happy!! Be grateful that you're blessed with a life, an education which enables you to read this post and so many people to support you here in times of crisis. Everyone is equal and each of us has been blessed with indomitable strength and potential just waiting to come out- just keep on keeping on!! Follow your passions, meditate, care for your loved ones and stay happy!! :)

2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Welcome to SF, I hope you find what you are looking for here.

It can be hard for many of us to be "happy" for many, many reasons. I agree somewhat that we are what we make of ourselves but sometimes things can happen that are out of our control and which negatively affect us.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as 1, 2, 3.

3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

it's not as easy as you say it is. Depression means in part that your brain is sick, so no matter how many times you might say be happy it's not that hard, IT IS hard for those with depression or other mental illness.

Also comparing our pain to others is not really a good thing to do, because we are all unique and going on a journey...so it's kind of thoughtless to suggest that...and a bit uncaring...my pain is not comparable to anyone's....

I imagine you meant well by posting this post but I'm afraid it had the opposite impact than what you expect...for me I feel offended by your post because it shows you know nothing about mental illness

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Suraj, while I know by your post that you only mean well and have good intentions. It really is not about just being 'happy' or aiming to be. Many on the this foum suffer from multiple mental conditions so while supporting others I'd like you to keep that in mind. It isn't about waking up one morning and think well phew that's over. That really is not the case. It can take years of therapy and medication for some people,myself included.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Suraj, and welcome...I sent you a PM...can we please talk when you get back online? Thanks for the good intentions and all of us wish we could comply with your post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.