Be proud of who you are 🎀

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Alright, it went really well and now I feel like a total badass.

You can't leave it at that. Now we all need to know. We demand answers!
I just did my second standup comedy open mic.

How's that for agoraphobe exposure therapy?

The first time was before everything shut down, held in a garage, and I won best of the night (and $10). This time was in an actual small theater where I did the same set; no contest to win, but it went over really well. People were actually laughing at all the right parts, it was awesome.

I managed to cover mental illness, sex, and drugs all in a 5 minute set. And I've got another set about my heart attack, and also my genitals, half-written.

I think I'm almost ready for the bigger clubs out in Hollywood to open up again, so I can start hitting their open mics.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter

The first time was before everything shut down, held in a garage, and I won best of the night (and $10). This time was in an actual small theater where I did the same set; no contest to win, but it went over really well. People were actually laughing at all the right parts, it was awesome.

I managed to cover mental illness, sex, and drugs all in a 5 minute set. And I've got another set about my heart attack, and also my genitals, half-written.

I think I'm almost ready for the bigger clubs out in Hollywood to open up again, so I can start hitting their open mics.
That's awesome!

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
I'm doing something tonight that I've only done once before (no, not that, you bunch of deviants) months ago. If it goes well, I will be very proud and will tell y'all all about it. If it goes poorly, I'll come back and bitch about being giant loser while being super vague about what I attempted.

@Walker, you should know what I'm referring to.
hahahahaha this is so accurateeee 😂😂😂

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter

Bloody hell mate! I wasn't expecting that!!
That's freaking awesome! You must feel absolutely stoked. Every right to be extraordinarily proud.

You'll have to record one of your sets and put it on the voice recordery bit here (although better run that by @Walker first to check it's suitable for our innocent ears..)

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
I’ve heard it said that the pros - or
Those that do
This for a living”,” (stand ups ) - will go out & do you know , like 5,6,7 nights a week (@ often) - if they’re in a location 9’coty that can handle (or accommodate) it... multiple nights,!94 or shows-rather / gigs (spots fuckin. Kobdkkf. Chat signs my ngmfm
In one night -(like say, in LA: coney store 🏬 & whatnot...) book Thor spot n then head on down the street block (ofc - I know that this is for those looing
To either seriously invest in it as a profession; or merely working comedian)
Like a muscle you’ve got to flex & keep flexing in order to stay in shape (get your timing down right & etc.’h !;) ...but I’m sure u probably arlewasu onlw all jus & more- ha! :D

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter

Damn, I'm shocked and happy at the same time! You Sir are hiding your game really well. ;)

Congrats!! And keep going! *stars You're absolutely amazing!

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I just don't like talking about stuff I'm gonna do, especially creative-type stuff, until I've already done it.

I think maybe that comes from growing up in LA, which has to be the world capital of empty boasting when it comes to that kind of thing.
I understand that, I do the exact same thing. I usually think that in case I fail, at least no one will be disappointed because they wouldn't have known I tried.

Thing is, most people value trying just as much as succeeding. :)
Only one of my lil communication problems, lol.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter

great job @Gonz you got bigger ones than me...mike...*hug*shake*bravo*stars

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00