Be There!!!!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by among the stars, Jul 9, 2008.

1. among the stars

among the stars Well-Known Member

I cant believe that i am posting this but i am still extremely angry - especially since one of my best friend's mom is going thru Ovarian cancer like my mom did. She's been dumped like i was, only she has me when i had no one at all, i kno what it feels like to get dumped time after time cuz u cant control how u act or react to someone or something. So really think about it as u read it and remember this could happen to someone u kno - dont run out on them like others have done to me and my friend.

A friend once told me to take nothing for granted because what you have now might be gone tomorrow....and because of that I take everyday of my life seriously because you could have everything that you have ever wanted and then the next day it could all vanish....then we would wish that we could bring it all back but no one can. Life is precious and way too short to worry about things that you can't control - like a disease that you can't do anything to take it away from someone that you really love more than life itself. If you don't believe that this has anything to do with you then think about all the people that you know and think about all the things that you might not know about them...All the things that stay locked away in their heart and in their soul....something that you never get of, a feeling that you need to take away the pain of the person that you love so they can live their lives. Somedays I just find a place to sit down, somewhere that no one can find me and cry because I see things that I never thought to happen to me to us, to my family. One thing that these people teach us is how to live and take nothing for granted - to live for every moment, every second. That's what I learned about my mom and my friends.

So if you think that you have all of your life be there for someone or you think you will just see them later don't count on it, they might not be there when your ready to help them to just or to just be there for them...they might be gone.

Some things to think about:

Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. - Patrick Stewart

Study as if you were going to live forever; live as if you were going to die tomorrow. - Maria Mitchell

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. - Arabian Proverb (this pertains to what one of my friends did - she lived her dreams because she knew that there would be no tomorrow)

I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
    And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
    But I'm just drunk enough to let got of my pain
    To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
    From my eyes
    Tonight I wanna cry - Keith Urban

This last one means more to me than any of the above or any that you could possibly think of:

Sarah Beth is scared to death
    To hear what the doctor will say
    She hasn't been well
    Since the day that she fell
    And the bruise, it just won't go away
    So she sits and see waits with her mother and dad
    and Flips through an old magazine
    Til the nurse with the smile
    Stands at the door
    And says will you please come with me

Cause the doctor just told her the news
    Between the red cells and white
    Something's not right
    But we're gonna take care of you

Six chances in ten it won't come back again
    With the therapy were gonna try
    It's just been approved
    It's the strongest there is
    I think we caught it in time

Sarah Beth closes her eyes
    and She dreams she's dancing
    Around and around without any cares
    And her very first love is holding her close
    And the soft wind is blowing her hair

As she sits holding her mom
    Cause it would be a mistake
    For someone to take
    A girl with no hair to the prom

For, just this morning right there on her pillow
    Was the cruellest of any surprise
    And she cried when she gathered it all in her hands
    The proof that she couldn't deny

Sarah Beth closes her eyes
    and She dreams she's dancing
    Around and around without any cares
    and her very first love was holding her close
    and the soft wind is blowing her hair

It's quarter to seven
    That boy's at the door
    And her daddy ushers him in
    And when he takes off his cap
    They all start to cry
    Cause this morning where his hair had been
    Softly, she touches just skin

They go dancing around and around
    Without any cares
    And her very first true love is holding her close
    For a moment she isn't scared... - Rascal Flatts

2. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

That song is one of my favorites (sarah beth). I know its not an easy time and im really new here. But i am actually really good at listening so if you ever want to talk pm or email me :hug:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Your friend is very lucky to have you help her through this. You may be the only one that truly understands. Untimely death has a way of changing how we look at things. So much we take for granted. It is one of life's hard lessons. As you help your friend, make sure you take the time to look afetr yourself too. The memories it brings back may be difficult. Lean on each other. We are also here if you need. :hug:

4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni