Beating myself

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Samsara, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

It seems that the prefered method of self harm is cutting and picking. I do chew my finger nails and sometimes pick my cuticles, but I think that's more of a nervous habit.
    When I self harm my prefered method is too beat myself with my fists on my head, jaw, chest, arms, legs...anywhere I can reach really. And it's full on whollops too. I only cut when I'm in utmost distress, and then I do it on my fore arms and shoulders.
    I do it when I feel helpless, usually because of my mother, and I do it when I feel overwhelming rage at the world, for a number of reasons, but usually because of my alcoholic father, brother who killed himself, and the disgust and confusion I feel for my peers.
    I don't remember what I wanted to ask or say... Just leave general comments I guess.
  2. Ravon

Ravon Member

I used to punch myself in the face, but got worried that I would leave marks and people would start asking questions. Cutting is easier to mask. But I agree that its much more relieving and destressing to hit yourself.
  3. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

any women at SF who do this? Hit themselves,I mean.not cut.
  4. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

im a male, i do it though. cutting is my preffered method, but i do hit myself. ill either punch myself in the stomach while lying down, or illsmack myself as hard as i can. this is just to hold me over until i can get into a bathroom or something where i can cut.
  5. Abi_21

Abi_21 Well-Known Member

hun whats going on?!?!?!?!?! man i wish i could talk to u right now so i could help you through it right now i feel helpless being so far away but please promise me something dont do anything like cuting or anything please!!!! xoxoxoxoxo
  6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yeah i do infrequently now.
  7. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hit myself more frequently than I cut I'd say. Its just easier, I don't have to find something sharp and I don't have to clean up after... I can do it anywhere, at anytime, as long as nobody's looking. Sometimes I hit myself on my arms, but often on my thighs/hips. I try to aim for places that are usually covered in clothing so no one sees the bruises, if I bruise.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.