Because SF moderators, i am forced to live in a tent

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer.Rain, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Thank you SF...
    Its all started with me asking for help from UK users
    then i recived a PM telling me that my thread was deleted because
    i cant do such things on SF (like asking for a temporary place to stay)
    So now i end up living in a tent, the true face of SF!
    Yep, SF is all about fucken empty words and virtual hugs
    when it comes to real help, its illigal on SF...

2. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

eh???
    don't understand what you mean?
    why would a thread be deleted for that?
    why in a tent? thought you lived with parents?
    there have been a few on here facing homelessness who have been helped so not sure what has happened here

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Andrew you must be feeling really upset and frustrated but SF had to remove that, requests like that don't belong here hun. I hope you can get something sorted for yourself.
    I'm around if you need to talk :hug:

4. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

I think its extremely unreasonable for you to blame SF for that, this is a site that attracts many 'different' users so naturally the staff have to protect the members on this board, internet security should always be taking to a certain sensible point but obviously you could be anyone and posting something like this is inappropriate.

5. Lost in Heaven

Lost in Heaven New Member

I don't think he needs to talk, I think he needs a place to stay...

In a way I can understand why they did that, but I do truly feel sorry for you :( I'm not in England but I'd help you if I were and could. I hope you find a place soon!

6. Mightbehere

Please send money via western union..

H.N. Diddles
    Chief Executive of Honest Business Bank of Nigeria.
    :laugh:

7. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i did read your thread when it was up and the way you wrote it i felt was very unfair. almost charity like as it seemed that you were making all those that live in the uk feel guilty if they didnt put you up. some people are nervous in themselves about meeting people off the internet and so i do think it was a bit much asking them to let you stay with them

i agree with the mods decision to take it down

8. Mightbehere

So you are in the u.k. or the Ukraine? either way it is not up to the members of SF, their are professional organizations for this and are far safer.

9. Summer.Rain

unfair? charity like? WTF?
    i said i will repay for the help, how excactly i make them feel guilty?
    maybe they feel guilty but it have nothing to do with what i said
    maybe they just know that true help is more then words and virtual hugs
    but some of them are just dont really want to help, sure words and virtual hugs are free to give
    but true help may be more then that.

And why do you scared of me? i am on SF long enough for people to know
    me, my views on life, the way i live etc. i found many freands in here
    but looks like this forum is all about empty words, sad really.
    this is one of the reason why our world is the way it is, most people think
    only about themselfs!

and as i said, you dont have to help me, but it will not make things easyer for me
    i will come to the UK in any case, but i will be forced to live in a freakin tent for few months as i have only 450$

10. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

dont bring the guilt card into it.

if you have so many friends on this board why arent you asking them instead of the whole forum, some of which dont know you at all

take mightbehere's advice and do it via a more professional organisation

11. soliloquise

cmon.. there are organisations as mightbehere said that can help you. people here are vunerable and you could be anyone.. the site has to keep people safe.
    you are guilt tripping here by saying people are selfish for not letting you live with them. for goodness sake. use google. there is help there.. organisations, youth hostels etc
    it isnt up to people here to put up a stranger on the net.. people here have to think of their own safety for many reasons. there are other ways to do this without making people feel bad for saying no to letting a stranger live with them you must see that surely?
    i am a single female.. and pregnant. no way would i let some random bloke come live here, esp one that doesnt even like gay people and thinks us substandard. i would be stupid to do so.,. please see that others may have the same reasons or have their own problems.
    are you legal to stay here? work here? look into it properly

12. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

What people have to realise is that you can be a part of a forum for a long time, you can go to big public meets and appear a nice, safe person but there's always a danger meeting someone one on one and allowing someone to live with you, even if they didn't meet online.

Asking someone online to stay at there's is massively dangerous for yourself and the members willing to put you up and SF have a responsibility to keep members safe. However unfair you think it was, it was the right thing to do to watch members safety and to also watch SFs own back. Should anything happen and that post is found then SF has a lot to answer too.

There's support for the homeless out there, if you had the will then you would have found that support, its really not that hard to find. If you find yourself in the perdicament again i suggest you post on SF asking where to look for this help instead of asking for a place to stay.

I didn't read the thread but i agree 100% with the staff. Members should only meet in a group for their own safety.

13. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Your blaming people for your mistakes in life? You are blaming people for the things you didn't fix when you were slipping behind on the bills, the rent, the heating, etc.or whatever reason you lost your place to live? You don't have a car to live in? Be thankful you have a tent, at least you're not in a box.

I think it's wrong to blame people for your mistakes. No one here is going to just say sure come on in especialyl since have the site has been abused, raped, etc. Why would anyone trust someone off the internet they don't know especially with the world we live in today?

14. Summer.Rain

Right...
    well first of all i dont blame anyone, it is your full right to help or not to help
    anyways, i checked over the internet, the cheapest place i found to stay
    costs 50 pounds for a week, cant afford it
    so if anyone know of a cheaper place, please share...

15. soliloquise

you wont find anywhere cheaper than that i doubt unless you try youth hostels. i asked you if you are legal work or stay here? there is other help out there than someone letting you stay with them. give more info on your situation and what you are looking for for a start

16. Summer.Rain

I checked the youth hostels, around 30 pounds for 1 day...
    i have 450$, most of it is going on tickets to the UK, some basic traveling stuff
    and if nessesery a ticket back to ukraine.
    so i end up with like 100$ to spend on food... that is in case ill buy a tent...

now about legal issues, i can enter UK without any visas (i checked)
    i can work for up to 6 months, and then to extend it if i want
    im not sure about if i can use the goverment servises for help and support.

17. ~PinkElephants~

There's also homeless shelters I'm sure. There are many non profit places that will put you up for little to no work. While you're online seeing as you can get online why not look into that instead of getting money off of people here.

18. Summer.Rain

what is wrong with you? you keep imagining things...

19. ~PinkElephants~

Look Summer rain people here are giving you options. I'm not imagining shit. i'm basically asking you while you're online to look up homeless shelters. They do have them. So please instead of posting that I'm imagining shit go to google.com and search things. I'm sure you'll be bound to find osmething somewhere.

Good luck in your search

20. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

summer...kelly is trying to help you, and she has given you some very wise advice. please listen to her.

how can you get a return ticket to the uk for less than 450? no offence but it sounds like a scam? I doubt you will find a place for cheaper than $50 p/w.
    And since you need an address to have a job,you're going to have to do your homework again:unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.