Been A While

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Shattered_oblivion, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shattered_oblivion

Shattered_oblivion Active Member

So it's been a while since I cut, I find that quite an accomplishment but it's really getting quite hard. I found through all this that the addiction is unbearable strong. It's almost the feeling I get when I feel I "need" a cigarette, but it's stronger in a way. Ever since I stopped cutting I've turned to anger as a way to get away from the fact that with just a thought of a knife I get this feeling like my entire body is burning and begging for me to start again. It also makes me want to cry horribly. I've almost cut a couple times now because of those urges, and I'm not asking for advice on how to continue not cutting I'm asking for advice on how to get past those feelings without turning to anger.

2. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

You need to find something to cope.

Music, singing, dancing, watching movies... Anything.
    Art and sports are the best options.

Take care:hug:

3. Shattered_oblivion

Thank you Hurted. I'll try something.
    :hug:

4. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Tell me if it will work:hug:

5. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

i have this same thing and recently i have been getting very short with people but this adds to my frustration. i usually bury my head in a pillow and scream my head off. it helps a bit. i havent cut in over a year now, well cut like i used to anyway. i have scratched myself a few times when i felt really bad but i dont count that. Recentliy im under a lot of stress and its really hard to not do it. online games are helping me right now

6. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

i started kick boxing when i self-harmed a lot, and it genuinely helped as i was so exhausted after a session and had spent an hour and a half fighting and running around that one, i wasn't angry anymore, and two, i didnt even have the energy to THINK about self-harming. xx

7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i do pushups so i can exhaust my arms, 'cos that's where the craving usually lives. i tried all the other methods, like a snapping a rubber band on your wrist, or holding ice, or taking a super hot shower, but pushups work for me. who knows why?

8. Shattered_oblivion

Thanks for all the suggestions, I would try a sports one but anything that I have to use my legs at all is forbidden from me by my doctor. The pushups work to a degree, thanks for all the advice. It's helping me a lot. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.