Been awake 4 nights now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWr0ngChild

I'm worrying about going to the doctor's on Saturday. They prolly already know I'm a drug addict (over the counter codeine pills) how pathetic.
I've been bhaving MASSIVE panic attacks, every time I try to sleep I have one, feels like my heart is about to explode.

I have this dream often about a woman I used to know/hate. She was a support worker at the supported living place (some of you know that long story). The dream is set in a post apocalyptic world where there's only a few humans left. One of which is me, one of which is her. We're stood in a line waiting for something when another guy who worked there shows up & shoves me into her. She turns around and says 'take your shot', then I wake up having a panic attack.

I can go for days without sleep, this is my 4th this week. I won't stop this probably until my dr's appointment is over. I have no idea what I'm so afraid of, probably what the heck they're going to say about me being addicted to codeine.

I have some other physical health issues that I started using it for, which are the reason I'm going too. If these are not resolved, then I won't be able to stop the pills.

I'm thinking, should I get drunk, but that doesn't stop the panic anymore.

What the hell will they do, I hate doctors.

shades

Staff Alumni
Don't mean to frighten you but I've been to several pdocs. who have told me that sleep is extremely important in fighting all types of depression, including panic attacks.

The frightening part comes in the form of serious pshychological issues and damage which can come from going any moe than 3-4 days without sleep. I think you should focus on this issue with the doctor first.

Good luck with the doc., feel free to pm if you want.

TheWr0ngChild

It's an ongoing problem with me, linked to both my Asperger's Syndrome and some gynecological/hormonal problems.

I know how bad it is going without sleep for days at a time, but if one's body won't sleep, then what can you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00