Been cutting a long time and...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Dead Alive, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Alive

Dead Alive Active Member

My therapist told me to snap out of it or he is dropping me out of the program.

2. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

That's harsh. Why do you think he said that?

3. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

That's completely out of order. You need a more understanding therapist. Is there a way you can change and see someone else?

4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Agree with the above ^^
    I think you should nevermind that rudeness and try and find a more caring/understanding therapist. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2006
  5. ~Nobody~

Rudeness? I was rude? :-S

EDIT: Oh, I think you meant the therapist didn't you. Sorry.

6. ~CazzaAngel~

Yep, the therapist, not you hun :hug: :hug: sorry for confusing you :laugh:

7. ~Nobody~

Heehee, that's okay. :hug:

Sorry for being an idiot :p.

8. Come What(Ever) May

Come What(Ever) May Well-Known Member

I'd suggest dropping him before he drops you. They are supposed to be there to help, not tell you your fucked up, shit out of luck, and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out (not sying you are). If he wants to be a dick like that, who needs him?

9. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Stupid therapist.. probably doesn't understand why people cut though really, although i would agree with the fact that you should stop. Perhaps drag a coin rather than a blade next time you feel like it... or just run untill you feel like passing out or sit ups and press ups till your muscels feel like they'll burst?

10. ~Nobody~

With all due respect, I really disagree with going 'cold turkey' when it comes to self injury. It's not the right way to go about things at all.

11. ~CazzaAngel~

in regard to what was said above :) ^^^^^^^

Yeah, as you learn more skills and get more stable you learn ways of coping little by little and you will have a little relapse here and there, but in the end, it is possible to stop. Have known some people who did like that. I infact did like that, but my husband drained the life out of me and I am no way stable at the moment, but I will be there again. Anyway, just wanted to let you know it CAN be done and no pressure from me :) I am here for you, and a huge family here at SF to support you and understand and give you peices of recovery that helped them on the way of getting better, sharing it... I am always here for you, hang in there sweetie. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hit: >> therapist

Big hugs,
    Carolyn

12. immure

immure Account Closed

my honest opinion if they r unable to cope with that don t tell them u can still do alot of work that will get u there.but they might just be havin troubles managin it and r trien a approuch that in there heart they think is justified or will work. just don t lose out. is all i m sayin. i learned along time ago u can t always share everything. didn t change my intent or willingness to change just new it would affect the other person. i don t know.

13. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Dodgy theripist! Id find someone else..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.