Been offered more therapy but not sure what to do...

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Butterfly, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I've recently finished an intense course of group CBT which was depression and anxiety focused. I feel like it has helped me a lot and I use a lot of the things I learned on a daily basis to keep the depression and anxiety at bay. With the medication and therapy, I feel really well at the moment. I got a letter through the post this morning saying that upon completion of my course of CBT, I have been offered a place on the compassionate mind therapy group. I'm not too clued up on it, but I think it's about learning about how to be compassionate to oneself in order to deal with life on a day to day basis. I am quite surprised I have been offered a place on this group as I really wasn't expecting it and I'm really unsure on what to do about it. I feel well at the moment and I feel like I am being kind to myself (most of the time) so I am not sure that I need it, but on the other hand I fought so long and hard to get therapy in the first place that I feel like I would be biting the hand that feeds me and I'd look bad for not accepting a place on the group. Then there is arranging the time off work again, and this course is a lot longer than the previous course of therapy I had. So I am really unsure what to do and could do with a little bit of advice.

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

You've already achieved a lot Butterfly and maybe taking up the course would move you on further. You feel much better now but it might not last. I am sure you could try the group at least and if you are not getting anything out of it then don't carry on with it.

:grouphug:

3. Steve

Steve Member

If you're on a positive road don't stop now. Reinforce your gains even if it costs you in time of work in the short term.