Been struggling alot lately

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Everymedhasfailed, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everymedhasfailed

Everymedhasfailed Active Member

Hey guys,

Been a couple of days since I last posted but I am really struggling right now... My arm is screwed up with some of the worst burns I have ever inflicted upon myself. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow as this simply cannot continue, I just hope she doesn't sign me off work... That would be the end of me.

Hope you are all doing better than me!

Chris

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Chris doctor will probably get nurse to dress the wounds and get you on cream to prevent infection I am sorry you are in so much pain hugs

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi chris,

sorry you felt so low to harm yourself that badly, why would signing you off work for a few days be such a bad thing?

I'm glad you reached out and posted here, it would be a shame for you to suffer all alone, keep talking to us :hug:

4. Everymedhasfailed

Everymedhasfailed Active Member

Hey Guys,

Didn't go to the doctors as I had planned to... If I were to be signed off work, that would affect my pay packet and although I would get sick pay, I am on a very low income and barley making ends meet as it is... Also there is alot going on in the office at the moment, and if I weren't there, event preparations would suffer! We have our first event in 12 weeks in which 2200 people have registered... We are launching our second event on Wednesday with 80 business visits planned within 2 days... As soon as the first even hits, we have three events in 10 weeks, each with 2000+ participants and large crowds expected also... Needless to say, there will be alot to do that would not get done if I were not in the office... Site visits, health and safety work, event kit planning, catering lists, data entry of the participants and letter generation and distribution. Also event T-shirts would not be sent out to the shops so publicity would be affected and also the t-shirt platform for the t-shirts of our other two events would not be completed in time for launch...

My problems are small compared to the people dying or living with life limiting illnesses 70m away from my office building, so I simply have to press on! I have been caring for my wounds as best I can, but one of my blisters turned a bit green and I had to remove the infected flesh this morning... Although painful, it had to be done to prevent infection from spreading...

I think I am done with self harm due to this infection now, as I simply cannot risk it affecting my arm movements or finger dexterity as both are needed for my future career aspirations. I cannot take anti-biotics as I am allergic so I will have to try and manage any infection as best I can at home, as penecillin, amoxacillin and clarythromycin all cause anaphylactic shock in me... The stupidity is over because an infection simply cannot be treated through medication, and I cannot allow something like this to happen again!

Best wishes, warm regards and my sincere hopes that you are all doing well in this dark and painful world!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.