Been suicidal for 20 years

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Amthorn, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amthorn

Amthorn Member

I'm Nate, 35 single white male in Seattle. I have had suicidal thoughts and tendencies for years. I have had numerous attempts with drugs but nothing successful, obviously. I had always been more or less alone and never been able to understand how to form real relatioships with other people or really find much joy in anything. I had a panic attack a few months ago that resulted in some things happening for which I may have to go to prison for a year. This to me seems like no kind of life at all. I have for a very longtime known I would die from suicide, just a matter of how and when. It seems to me like my days are very numbered. I would rather die free than live in a cage. I am so tired of people telling me to just think positive and that things will be ok. After all, they do not really know that, do they?

2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

nope, no one knows.... no one can say and actually know for sure. but it's encouraging.. that's why people say it- because they want to encourage you. (and that's coming from me who thinks it's nothing but empty words to me now)

anyway welcome to the forums

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Nate, welcome to the site.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Nate hold on ok you may not have to spend time you may get community time h ours of work or house arrest even if it is your only offence You talk to your lawyers ok you talk to your therapist but don't give up yet hun You don't know what the outcome will be hugs to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.