Been thinking. [trig warning]

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Beka, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

I've been thinking lately about how I use sh for coping with situations that I can't handle. I know it isn't the best way to cope with things, but it's the only way I know how and I have tried to deal with it other ways before that didn't work [I tried them for weeks at a time]. The hallucinations are back, again. Not as sudden, if you understand that as the ones before. Still gets a reaction out of me though.

It'll probably seem like a rash decision to everyone else but I've decided to not work on my sh anymore and work on my mindset instead. My mindset isn't going to get better even if I work on stopping my sh. I'm going to continue doing it when I need to, purely because I've come close to ending my life several times the past couple months and while I sh I don't feel that want spreading through me. It stops me from wanting to do it and tbh I'd take scars and secrecy over hurting my family like that any day. I guess.
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Beka, I'm sorry I find your post quite hard to follow and understand - the connection between working on your mindset and the sh, and the conclusion that working on your mindset means it's not going to get better. But I applaud you for not wanting to hurt your family.

However, there is another way, whereby you won't need the sh - and that is to make working on your mindset bring about your healing. I applaud you for appreciating the prospect of working on your mindset, because in truth, it is by discovering new insights that we become well.

It's what I do all the time, on a daily basis, because I know it works, and as the light increases, everything within us comes into alignment - it's a journey and a process and we need help, encouragement and support in it. Am always here to help you in this, if you'd like that hun :)
  3. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I can relate to how self-harm feels like a way to cope. Distractions help and other coping strategies help but sometimes it just doesn't cut it like self-harm does. I've came to the same conclusions like you, dealing with self-harm itself isn't going to help me but dealing with the mindset as you call it is how I like to deal with it too. Once the mindset is improved, the rest will slowly follow...

I'm glad that you feel for your family and will try to cope as best as you can.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.