before attempts

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by tranceadikd, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tranceadikd

tranceadikd Member

Did you research at all before your attempts on suicide?

I have just started looking into it. I knew the day i would start looking properly into it was the right time to do it. Before now ive been to scared to acknowledge/accept suicide. But the past 8 weeks ontop of the past 10 yrs have really thrown me over. Suicide dosnt scare me anymore.

trance

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I never researched before I attempted. I knew what I wanted to do and I just went for it... its been 3 years since I last attempted and I still have the thoughts about trying again but I never research and at this point I don't think I'm going to try anytime soon either. I can say this though...If you are researching...you should also research the effects and pains of failed suicide attempts. And how it effects everybody else if you were to succeed. I'm here to talk if you need too.

3. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

I did a lot of research that has ended up keeping me from attempting. So many methods that people think work are mostly myths. They will just leave a person in pain. Most over the counter medications will do that. Even a whole bottle won't work. There are deaths but they are the exception, not the rule. Even something like a gun can just leave a person maimed not dead. If I try I want to succeed without any pain.

4. tranceadikd

tranceadikd Member

Thankyou for your reply
    yes thats true. i also have read up on the down side to attempts to. THats what im trying to avoid definatly. i dont wnt to embarrass myself by living and living with a deformity from it...!! thats the first thing i did before actually looking for methods...

Thats it though when reading up on it and it dosnt stop you from wanting to do it, when its actually really encouraging you to do it, when you can actually visualize everything coming together [no scary thoughts anymore] does that mean its time?

If it isnt scary anymore is it time?

5. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

I researched alot into my 2nd attempt. But I was way to messed up (crying) to do it properly. My first attempt I knew should have killed me, <Mod Edit: Abacus21 - methods> would have done it pretty fast, but I wasn't expecting to renege and tell my mom lol. My 2nd attempt I wasn't expecting for day light to come so soon, and my dad find me almost passed out next to empty pill bottles and my suicide note lol. Now hopely my 3rd attempt doesn't fail

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2009
  6. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Like Right UR Ken, I've researched over and over when I've felt this way, and all it succeeded in doing was terrifying me more that I might actually live through it. I wouldn't say that just because you're looking at it, or even that because it's not scary any longer, that it's "time". I feel like it's "time" a lot and then it doesn't happen. A couple of days later I'm usually feeling a bit better - not a lot, like this time, but a bit more incontrol anyhow. Just my two cents.

7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i just knew fully well it wouldn't work as i wanted and the thought of physically damaging myself was one of the main reasons i didn't want to, because my body is a lot more stronger/healthier than it has ever been and to disable it through a half-hearted attempt to stop the pain right then and there, saddened me, and was one of my main reasons to do everything possible to not attempt.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
  8. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

i read about someone who died doing something, so i tried the same taking nearly double and it didn't work.

9. fms

fms Well-Known Member

I've been researching for a long time.
    And finally found what I think is the perfect method for me.
    I'm not scared of it going wrong...
    I know if I plan it right, it will work...
    If I make sure no one can find me for days.
    It'll work :smile:

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

At the time no I didn't. It was a spur of the moment sort of thing. :dunno:

I'm glad I'm still here though. :unsure:

11. aDeux

aDeux Member

A bullet to the head is 99% effective. Messy but what will you care, you are dead. (Hopefully)

12. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Where did you get that number from?

13. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Althought I thought I had my "way out" I was looking for easy, painless methods when I found SF. I feel lucky that I did.

14. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I've researched a lot to make sure I don't survive it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.