Before you get depressed what things/changes........

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Bostonensis, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Pulsating headaches, like an aura of smell, tighten neck, stomach spasm, bladder (Interstitial Cystitis)flares,blurry vision, pain inside my eyesockets,slurred speech,loss of short term memory, seizzures,short amnesia 30-60 secs,very very sensitive to noise, not feeling hungry at all, these are all I can recall for now......
  2. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I have headaches sometimes and a sort of tight feeling in the chest. That's about all I can think of. It's probably the emotional upset and lack of sleep. I hope you start feeling better.
  3. Lucille

Lucille Member

I don't cry or feel any particularly extreme or passionate emotions. Before I took the overdose a few months ago I was just in a state of numbness for about a week. I felt absolutely nothing, I was just really lethargic and subdued.
  4. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

Out of nowhere I just begin thinking about everything I've ever failed or not accomplished well.
  5. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

I can relate to what you have written Lucille - until recently my emotions had been numb, and I hadn't cried for years.

When dealing with emotions becomes too painful - we can submerge them. No one was there for me when I cried long and hard, until I got to the stage -no-one cares thinking - I'm all cried out - why do I bother - no one hears my pain, agony and despair.

When I took an overdose some years back I said to myself NO ONE is going to hurt me ever again!!! A stubbeness of HOW DARE THEY hurt me, F**K you all I'm putting up a wall made of steel around me and never going to let anyone in ever again.

My dad could not cope with my emotions as a child, told me I was useless, rediculous, stupid etc. YES FOR FEELING AND EXPRESSING MYSELF.
    It was considered a weakness in my family for some reason.

Now I am re learning, not to be afraid of myself and I am facing my emotions and knowing that I am perfectly normal to have those feelings, and not rediculous or over sensitive as I once thought.
    I used to cut myself to feel human again, I was so numb, could not express myself or deal with my emotions.
    The important thing is not to be afraid to open up your heart and soul to someone you can trust.

If you are a Christian, opening up to God and feeling safe with Him. To know that you are not alone in your despair can be an amazingly reasuring feeling.
    That's why this forum is so brilliant, all coming together to share thoughts, feelings, and to know that someone cares and cherishes your life.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2007
  6. sweden

sweden New Member

a massive headache that wont go down, soar neck, damages all over my body
    and the hardest is in what way i lost my loveone and in what way she did it.
    I wish i didnt have this body that is so wrecked as it really is and i wish she didnt crushed my heart and selfasteam as she did laughing at me telling me ugly lies right into my face without blushing out of shame... I wish i never met her cause if i havent done that i wouldnt have this totally wrecked body as i do now, i really hate my life, i really do.
  7. Chemical Chaos

Chemical Chaos Active Member

my chest feels very heavy...and i suddenly start sighing...

in other words, i turn into victor meldrew. :tongue:
  8. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

Nothing really changes for me. Just something bad happens and I get really depressed. Thoughts of self hate, failer, and never being good enough come back.
  9. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

I stop sleeping, start eating more, get headaches, lose all energy, and I get really cranky. And I get obsessed with random things.
  10. mindpeace

mindpeace Guest

I've got headaches. I eat very less and don't get sleep at night. I always think of suicide and this world is not worthy.
  11. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Can't say there are any real physical changes. Everything just sort of seems to slow down, can't think of anything to say if I'm talking to someone, or a reason to keep talking to them. Doubt myself in everything I'm doing at the moment. I'll feel like resting my head on my hand and staring at the wall. Sort of just lose motivation and interest in everything under the sun for a while, tiredness. And sighing, lots of sighing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.