being accused of being a lazy ass loser when you cant find the will....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ripx, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

does this ever happen to you? its early in the morning and you have to go to school or work. you wake up feeling like shit as usual, you know that if you elect to stay in bed and play dead for a few more hours it could cost you your job or education. However the feelings of depression overwhelm those of responsibility, you know what you're doing is wrong, but can't muster up the will and courage to face people because of social anxiety, so you decide to stay home cowering.

Then your family member or whomever comes into your room and asks you if you're ever going to get up. You say no but are too ashamed to tell them why, so they go on assuming that you're being a lazy bum.

I don't no about you guys, but this is the story of my life.

2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

yes.
    Just today my parents said ...'shes lazy, no go in her, cant get her motivated'

And ofcourse they dont know. They just think im lazy, but it was because I was dying on the inside. They have no idea.
    fuck it makes me made, theres a big difference between being lazy and being depressed with social anxiety!
    argh, im on your side

3. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

It feels even worse when they do supposedly know what your going through and they say your not trying and that your useless and put you under immense pressure. Sometimes I wish everyone without patience would just fuck off into a hole for the day. Feeling your pain you two :hug:

4. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

yeah exactly the same.

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

A couple of members of my family, and sometimes my doctor, do this to me.

My Uncle will also made sarcastic comments about what I have been doing all day..saying I need to get out more, and that I'm lazy etc. He knows that I have depression, that I s/h and that I have attempted many times, but for some reason he still thinks that I am like this out of laziness.

Everytime I go to see my doctor he asks me what I do with my days as I'm signed off work. I think he thinks that because I don't do anything I am not trying to get better or something.

A friend of mine once told me that I was still depressed because rather than getting up and doing something about my depression I sat around moaning about it :mad:

It makes me mad when people can't put two and two together and work out that I am staying inside for a reason :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2007
  6. Cheesecake

Cheesecake Well-Known Member

we live in a world were many people believe life means you have to suffer for the priveledge...idont beleive so, thus i am punished.

7. silverstrand

silverstrand Active Member

Yeah, Social Phobia sucks big time - if you look at it that way.

Recently found, though, that 70-80% chocoa chocolate works wonders. One little piece works for 10-20 minutes. Give it a shot. Makes you fat - the down side being. But then again, you can workout, which again, a GREAT way to fight phobia. Every time I do it, I feel better for a few hours. Worth trying both. (sorry for my English, still learning)

8. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

mhh, that actually might work, gonna try it out tomorrow :D

Probably a better sollution than drinking the entire day to get rid of problems

9. I got called lazy a few weeks ago by my own social worker. She said 'where will you be going this half term from school, a very long trip to the computer seat!'

It hurt like hell. >.<

10. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I've been laid up for nearly eight months:blink:no motivation whatsoever...thinking,thinking thinking...and i'm worried about this.

11. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

That sounds exactly like me, except I'm calling myself lazy, although I'm sure everyone else has said it behind my back. I don't have the will to do anything, talking to people depresses me and makes me nervous (that is so not strong enough a word)/ a nervous wreck, I'm tired all the time but I usually can't sleep, I can't work/ am not working, etc. I've dropped classes because of social anxiety or plain just stopped going when it was too late to drop. I used to ace every class, and I ace the ones I stick with, but my anxiety screws me over with the other ones. Or I screw myself over, through social anxiety. I hate it. Sometimes I want to punch that little Zoloft guy on the commercials because the medication does nothing for my anxiety and I'm still very depressed. I wish I could just get my act together and be normal.

12. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I co-sign all of nessarose's statements... except for the Zoloft thing, I dont take any drugs

13. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Absolutely can relate. This summer my mom used the statement, of lazy and fat ass as well as saying " what do you have to be depressed about?"

So in one sentence, I was insulted, ridiculed and told to get over it.

It's a fine line between being lazy and simply seeing no point, so why bother doing anything.

14. geolab101

geolab101 Well-Known Member

i can relate too. my dad said i should drop out of highschool if i wouldn't go all the time. i've missed 3 days in a row and he treated me like i could just do better in my life, as if i could just feel better (not that i don't want to). he knew about my depression too. wasn't very encouraging to say the least.

anyway, i can relate, but you should stick with it. i can and do talk to other people about how i feel. stick with it, things can get better.

15. MySecrets

MySecrets Member

It feels like you're reading my mornings in a book, i have thought of my life as a deja vu in years now. I also feel like I'm dying inside, but I've accepted it as a part of my life, the sorrow and anger that comes with the acception is something i hide from others making my life feel fake every time i force a smile, but whos going to take care of the family in the future making them feel safe and live a happy life, although i only see my family as people i share the same genes and blood i would hate the guilt i would get from seeing them suffer because of me.

16. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

It sucks because I know in my heart that I can never change, Ive been trying for years and for every temporary success I have getting over the problem there are always numerous failures afterwards

17. A Self Made Loser

A Self Made Loser Active Member

I hate the term that people use to brand others as a useless bum with real disgust in their voices, unfortunately we can't all be motivated employee or student of the month when a lot of shit happens in our lives.

Once anixety and depression sets in longterm it becomes even harder. I myself am part of this vicious cycle that consumes all your self confidence and belief. Others simply will never understand.

I get the sarcastic comments a lot from friends and family, they pass it off as a joke but you know deep down they are dead serious.

18. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Exact same with me.

19. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Bed and sleep are the best parts of life. Who can blame me if I'm trying to live the best I can - in bed.

20. Barbados

Barbados Well-Known Member

I get this everyday now, I dont bother with anything. People who are like " Dont you care about your education!? ". I'm just like no, fuck off, die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.