being alone..

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Razor, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razor

Razor Member

I just have to write this down somewhere.. I really hate being alone, I have to be somewhere with friends and do something.. If I'm left alone I feel depressed, I want to talk to someone.. do anything, just be with someone.. when alone I feel as If time is running and I cant do anything about it, there's just a voice in my head that keeps telling me to do something useful or I'm gonna regret it later when I'm old.. At first I thought that If I found a girlfriend that would help.. It helped for a bit but she also wants to see her friends.. and she's the kind of person that actually likes being alone.. (I tried talking with her about it, and It's because she's usually with friends and doesnt get any time being alone.. I guess she doesnt know what actually being alonely means) and most of the time I'm left alone.. and do nothing but sit at home.. then when I'm tired after sitting at home I go out somewhere to take a walk.. but It's even more depressing.. I see all these people, but I cant talk to them.. or do anything, It's like I'm disconnected from the outer world.. one of these days I'm gonna kill myself.. today I cut myself.. I just wanted to do something to myself for being so stupid and wasting my time doing nothing.. I cant take it anymore.. I dont want to be alone all the time.. what can I do ? :sad:

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Hi there, firstly welcome to SF, I hope it can be a help to you.

I can understand your post and I want to give you a hug. :hug: Loneliness is a terrible feeling. Are you still with your girlfriend? I think quality is a lot better than quantity, especially when it comes to friends. I, personally, would rather have just one good friend than dozens who ultimately couldn't give a stuff, or maybe not even notice if I disappeared off this planet. Making friends can be difficult, but is not impossible. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? Are you in education? Is it possible for you to talk to a relative about how you're feeling?

If you want a friend you're more than welcome to contact me, either via PM or MSN. I know I'm online and not actually sitting next to you right now but friendships made online can be just as strong as those made offline.

Take care of yourself. :hug:

3. Razor

Razor Member

Thnx for the reply.. Yes I am still with her, we dont get to meet very frequently.. I told her how I feel, and I think she's getting annoyed about it.. ;( I would actually like to have on one good friend instead of dozens that would care about me at all, like you said.. I have some what I might call friends.. But they're always out somewhere else, with their friends or just busy.. And it is very hard to find like-minded people these days, since most people are stupid at my age (I'm 16 btw) .. I tried telling my mom that I have nothing to do and want to be with people.. But she too doesn't know what to do, and just tells me to think of some activity for myself.. It's not that I need something to do.. I need people, I want to talk them, do something in the company of others..

4. Razor

Razor Member

My Girlfriend just wrote to me.. she left me.. because I always cry about how sa I am and being alone and all that.. I'm not gonna take it!! :((( Without her.. I'm lost..

5. Razor

Razor Member

I cant take this anymore.. Now I feel more alone than ever.. I dont even go out anywhere anymore.. I feel so depressed.. I just want this pain to end..

6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Hey again, I'm sorry your girlfriend finished things with you. :(:hug: Are you still in contact? Would be a shame to lose a friendship if you both get on with each other. If you're in education maybe you could look into activities after school/college/uni or join some sort of club. What are your interests? Making friends can be a daunting process, I totally understand, but you don't need to be alone.

7. Razor

Razor Member

thnx for the reply.. Well, I dont write to her anymore since I dont want to bother her.. but I think we should meet in a couple of days and disscuss everything..
    I have some after school activities, I play the guitar, piano, and do martial arts, when I'm there I have people who talk to me, they're all very friendly, but most of the time I'm at home and I dont communicate with any of them, since they're all always busy..

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think you need to make more of an effort to connect with some of these people. You sound kind of like me in that I don't want to bother anyone and feel they are busy so I don't try toget involved with them outside of the activity we are engaged in. Have you asked any of them to do something or go somewhere with you? Have you tried calling? Maybe they would like to spend time with you but figure you are too busy or don't want to be with them.

9. Razor

Razor Member

I actually tried asking them, but they themselves say that they have no time.. most of them are older than me and have things to do..
    Me and my gf have met and it was ok, we were a couple again.. now yesterday she said that she wants to quit again.. That she doesn't know what she feels towards me anymore.. so now I'm left alone again :/

I started going out with my friends more often.. It helps me to forget everything .. But when I go home I feel alone again.. And in the morning also.. It was so nice when in the morning I could write an sms to my gf and then start conversating or something.. but now I'm just alone.. I really miss her.. we still write to each other and see each other at school but now it's just not the same.. I could tell her how I feel but I dont want to make it harder for her.. :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.