Being at peace with yourself

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Petal, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You don't need to be a doctor,nurse,teacher,in the army, a police officer, a lawyer to be a happy human being. You need to be you

Life is too short for dwelling on the coulda woulda shoulda's Try and do whatever you think YOU need to do in order for you to feel happy with who you are.

For me, I did not graduate high school (long story-bullies) I found myself feeling competent at helping others, in real life and online. It is never too late no matter what your age to do what you want to do, don't be afraid of trying new things.

In a way I do not understand how people decide what they want to be at age 16-18 but each to their own. I have an interview next week for a pre-paramedic course, I really want to be a paramedic and I am sure I will eventually go there. It's not about what is on top it is about the climb :)
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, thank your inspiring post and I wish you all the best for the future in achieving the goal. You right in about climbing the mountain of life. It's about dealing one day at a time.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You're right, and it's taken me a long time to realize this. I'm just now starting to be happy with the person that I am. I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals :hug:
  4. SilentLegend

SilentLegend Member

Good message.
    I think society tries to get everyone in this rat race to become "successful" and "influential" in life, and anyone who doesn't fit that mold is branded as a failure.
    I like what you said about "You just need to be you" because that's all that matters.
    As long as you are happy doing what you want to do with your life, who's anyone else to say anything?
    Being at peace with yourself is worth way more than anything that society calls "success".
  5. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

^^^ What I wanted to say but better!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Very well said, nothing to add but thank you for being you because "you" is good enough and a great person.