being called attention seeker :(

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Jul 31, 2013.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

okay so I'm on a movie/tv site where we can friend people and post on their walls. Now on my profile I specifically state that if we haven't talked or if you haven't posted on my wall in a LOOONG time I will delete you. and so I deleted someone, so this person tried to friend me again but I deleted him, so he sent me this message:

I don't understand why you keep deleting me! I am not obliged to send you messages every fkn day just because you do so! you're the only one among my friends who wants this much attention. I suggest you stop your antics, it's very tiresome.

At first I thought of blocking him, but then I thought I'm mature enough to give him a response. He hadn't posted in a month nor talked to me...I don't collect friends. This is the message I sent him:

dude, calm down. I don't expect you to post everyday, but when it's been a month I delete people because otherwise I would have tons of people to send posts on walls. That is written on my wall, if you can't accept that, then maybe you should choose a different friend.

I don't appreciate being called an attention seeker and being told what to do. Attention is the last thing I want from people. And I don't collect people here just to have them and say I have tons.

I was hurt by his accusations, I know I'm not an attention seeker....but now this has triggered me so bad...I just feel sad and stupid...maybe I am too demanding...idk....
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Sounds like he's got nothing better to do than whinge because he's lost a "friend" on there, when he's not prepared to read what you have on yours. You're better off without that person on there being a nuisance - and if you need to, block them as well.

I personally think you'd have been better without sending him the message - it seems like it may create a touch more hassle which you ideally don't need.

From what i've seen of you on here, you're not demanding, you come across intelligent and level-headed, so I'd find it hard to believe that you'd be any different elsewhere.
  3. morning rush

thank you for replying :) I did think of not replying but then I felt kind of sad that maybe it was the wrong thing to do. But I think you're right. I don't know why I torture myself when things like that happen.

thank you for the compliments :)
  4. morning rush

you're right...I shouldn't have pm him. Apparently I don't know what friendship is, and that posting pictures on people's walls isn't friendship...

I often posts different types of pics for different people because one might have a different taste than another...I thought that was showing that I care about them and I would talk a bit too...but apparently this dude wants to shit on me...

I'm sad and angry right now...I should have listen to my instinct and just blocked his ass right away...I did now he can't do anything...
  5. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Don't focus too much about what that dude did/didn't do. You're better off without that kinda shit.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun we all know you here and know you are not an attention seeker. It was your choice to delete people who do not have contact with you for months hun and if he did not like it tough Maybe next time he will make an effort to communicate to people more Hug
  7. morning rush

thank you both of you, for listening to my rant and commenting...I really appreciate it and it helped me deal with my emotions...he's been blocked so I won't have to suffer any thank you