Being depressed in the military

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by xToxThexGravex, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xToxThexGravex

xToxThexGravex Well-Known Member

God, I hope I don't get discharged or don't get accepted. This is the only way I can secure a brighter future. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm trying to hide it, and fight it, but what if... y'know?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

all you can do is be yourself right and do your job I hope you can speak up and get help though for your depression they do have therapist for that reason in the army if not go outside the army and get private help so noone know hugs
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Try not to let it show at work.. Seek outside help.. I saw one of there shrinks and my captain railroded me out of the Marines...I wanted to make a carrier out of the military...
  4. Seems_Perfect

Seems_Perfect Well-Known Member

While serving things got so bad for me that I knew I had to do something and it was down to a couple of options: (A) <mod edit -gentlelady-methods> or (B) talk to someone. After A LOT of consideration I ended up going w/ (B) but there was NO WAY I was talking to someone on the installation. In my opinion they'll just hold it against you like Stranger1 said. A good option is...

- Assuming you're in the US, find a professional to talk to OFF the installation.
    - If you're stationed in a small town you may want to find someone in the city over.
    - Explain your situation and that you're concerned about your career.
    - PAY IN CASH!
    - By the way, they may use a "sliding scale" so you'll pay less based on income.

Good luck.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.