being greatful

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by crazy, Jul 7, 2007.

1. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

I was driving lost in thought today, my car windows down. There was a guy standing on a corner holding a sign wanting money. He stepped a few feet forward and told me to my smile. That made me think.

I have so much to be greatful for. Yes it's true there are some of those people that panhandle for no other reason but to get drug/booze money. I still have so much to be greatful for. I mean I used to be into not so good stuff and never had to do that to support my habbit.

I have a car that runs most of the time. I have a great appartment in a safe building that is cool in the summer and warm in the winter that protects me from rain, wind, so on. I have a cat that is always by me. I have food in my cupboards and fridge. I'm starting a new job on Monday. I have a new laptop with high speed internet. I also have cable tv, dvds, cds, dvd player, cd player. I have furniture. This list can keep going on and on forever because there is so much I can and am greatful for.

I have no reason to feel sorry for myself even though there are very stressful things going but there are so many people that have it so much worse then I do.
  2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

*agrees* gratitude is a very good thing that is very very underestimated.
  3. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Yes, i very much agree. Ive never appreciated everything i have. Have never done shit in my life, other then spending my fathers money :shy: Am in LA atm, and very happy being here on vacation. I never had to work seriously, even so at my last work as a graphic designer i had a mental breakdown in CT. Have a small, but very nice apartment in one of the nicest living areas in Barcelona, with furniture, and most important a large screen and a new laptop. Here in LA my boyfriend just bought me a new car, and were living in Studio City in a very nice rented apartment. Yesterday when i saw this guy begging on the street, i also started to think. He didnt look like an addicted person, just like a person who perhaps never has had the same opportunities like i have had. So we gotta be grateful everyday, for what we have.