being hurt HURTS

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Amiable, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amiable

Amiable Guest

the guy i married ended up being a complete jerk. Completely unresponsive, rude, verbally abusive & just plain nasty. It's gotten to the point I've thought of taken my own life to not have to deal with it on a daily basis. All he ever does is laugh at me & never takes me seriously. Any thoughts on how I can build my strength back & avoid his daily behavior.
  2. Menchi

Menchi Well-Known Member

I know its probably something that you've heard from others before now, but get away from him. No relationship, let alone a marriage, should be like that, and he is the one causing you pain, especially if he is being abusive towards you, getting away from him is the best thing you can do.

It might be hard, and in the short term, it might feel like its going to make things worse, but once you are free of that pain, and can start living as you again, you can build up that strength again, and learn from what has happened, that you should not go through that pain again, and be stronger for it.
  3. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

The longer you live with it the worse it will effect you. I lived with an abusive husband for 24 years...Please get away, you can't regroup and grow when you are in the middle of the battle zone.

You have to leave the battle in order to heal and grow..In order to grab hold of a future and the possibility of happiness. I won't say it will be easy - It won't; I will say it is worth it.

Get yourself some support - a therapist, a good friend, family....
    Take care of yourself - you deserve to experience the safety of a healthy intimate relationship.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I agree with what the others have said. You need to get away from him!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.