Being ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancashirelass

Why is it that ppl think it's ok to ignore u in chat when you need to talk to somone. I have notied it a lot lately. I find it makes me feel worse and wonder why i bother with this site. When i joined no-one got ignored now it seems when ppl ask for help they get ignored. If i ignored someone and something happened i would feel guilty. Sorry if his is in wrong place but i am desperate and need to talk but no-one listens. :sigh:

windlepoons

I do not go in chat, as an Social Anxiety sufferer I would find it overwhelming.
I am sorry folk get ignored, PM me if you wish and I will respond, though I am at work at the moment so there may be a gap.

jimk

Staff Alumni
Lancash, chat is a bit hectic often.. ppl coming and going constantly makes any really involved support somewhat difficult to get going.. would suggest to you if you have some acquaintences that you are used to chatting with then ask them to go to a room jsut with them and and try to get some direct talk just about you ..

perhaps posting in the forums like you did here might get some more good results for you.. tc, Jim

Kaos General

:what: people being ignored in chat? :noway:

Im sure you will have loads of people coming online to tell you its all in your head and in fact no such thing has ever happened.

Get on faecesbook if ya wanna chat, you know im always about on their

sorry you felt ignored hun :( tis the nature of chat that this sometimes happens when there are a lot of conversations or PM's going on and people don't notice someone, and although not intentional it can hurt... :hug: it's always nice to see you in there :)

oh and welcome back wayne :)

My chat never even works. And for some reason i feel lonely when nobody messages me when i dont even no any of use :( , its ok to be alone and i find i'm ok by myself.

caliban

I'm ignored mostly on here and in real life as well. At my most desperate no one was willing to help me. Even when I was hospitalized. This is the sort of thing that turns people into a homicidal maniac. There's no compassion left in the world.

I've felt ignored in chat from time to time, I don't even go in the chat room anymore because it's not a healthy place for me. When I have a problem I get someone to respond maybe half the time, when I'm trying to bullshit and have fun I get a warning that I'm being inappropriate. It's toxic for me in there because of those two reasons, so I just avoid it now. If you have yahoo messenger you can add me there and we can chat whenever you need to. beautiful.chaos83 is my username, feel free to add me :)

Growing Pains

I don't go into chat because of social anxiety, as well. So many conversations going on at once often make me panic and that tends to happen in chat rooms. It might help to find one or two people that you feel comfortable talking to and chat with them elsewhere - like a different room, or Yahoo or FB (like two users have mentioned). Chat rooms move so fast sometimes... I think people often unintentionally ignore others. I just stick to the forums for that reason. I can't speak much about what happens in chat, though, because I've never used it.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
So sorry this has happened to you Dawn. I can give the excuse that chat is fast paced etc but I wont insult you. I guess in chat it depends how others feel also. If others dont feel good they may not feel upto giving advice. Sometimes people dont know what to say or how they can help. I do personally feel like some people who are asking for help are getting drowned out by general chit chat. I feel that if I really need some advice or someone to listen then the forums are the best outlet for it. I know how you feel though. I have tried to reach out in chat myself and often to no avail. But Dawn if I am ever in chat and you need to talk you know I am only a pm away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00