Being kicked while you are already down

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by solarflare, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solarflare

solarflare Well-Known Member

My wife and I went to our first ultrasound today, she is 7 weeks pregnant.

They cant see a heartbeat.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Have they told her she miscarried? I am really sorry.

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am so sorry to hear such news. You and your wife must be going must so distraught and devasted.

Solarfire, if you need to talk in private, then PM me. Please remember we are here for and we do care.

4. Unknown_111

I am so sorry to hear such news. You and your wife must be going must so distraught and devasted.

Solarfire, if you need to talk in private, then PM me. Please remember we are here for and we do care.

Please you you and your wife take care.

5. solarflare

She hasnt miscarried yet but the first thing they noticed is that it is a lot smaller than it should be with no movement, no heartbeat. Most likely cause is the bub died about a week or so ago (right about the time I had my crisis and caused immense stress on her) and has stopped growing but the body hasnt expelled it yet. She had a blood test which she'll get the results tomorrow to confirm but the doctor said "doesnt look good".

6. solarflare

By the way I am holding up surprisingly well so far although I feel like falling apart. I havent yet. I just feel... numb.
    To be honest I dont even feel like talking about it, I only came here to let people know so you dont worry about me.

7. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am so sorry to hear this distressing news.

8. Unknown_111

Solarflare, I totally respect what you said yesterday and respect your right to privacy. All I will say, please use the forum a source of releasing and expressing the feelings you have. It will help you in your hour of anguish. My thoughts and are with you and your wife. Both of you be safe and come back to us for any moral support in your own good time. Respectful unknown_111

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am really sorry. As for blaming yourself, trust me - don't. 1 in 4 pregnancies end in a miscarriage, I have had a miscarriage in the past. Don't beat yourself up, just try and take care of yourself and your partner and look to the forum. I know it's painful and traumatic but forward is the only way.

10. ruined123

ruined123 Member

I am very sorry about this solarflare. I can't imagine how your pain feels like, neither your wife's. Please don't blame yourself for this as you certainly didn't cause it, this may happen in any situation. I hope the pain isn't unbearable for you and your wife, and that you both can comfort each other to some extent in this very sad situation. Take care solar

11. solarflare

I'm not feeling pain, I feel numb, giggly at times like I'm happy or something, like nothings wrong. Suicide isnt crossing my mind at all, its like I'm in complete denial. I should be feeling sad but its like I'm devoid of feeling right now, like I'm not human.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.