being late all the time

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unregistered7890, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a problem, I'm always late for everything. I feel really bad for being late all the time but I can't seem to help it. Even when I try real hard to be on time, I always end up being late somehow. It's something psychological and I want to stop doing it because it makes people hate me. What is wrong with me? Does anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it, if you did? I'm a night owl to the core, but having a job makes that hard. I just can't seem to get to bed on time either. I guess that means I am always late for sleeping too. I don't know what's wrong with me. People say just set your clock earlier, or plan ahead or things like that, but it just doesn't stick. How do I change this behavior?? Is there some off-beat method I can prescribe or something different someone tried that really works?? I don't want to be late anymore. I want to feel relaxed and not stressed all the time. I always feel like I'm the only one who's ever late too making it worse.
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Try setting your clock ten minutes earlier? That can help. :)
  3. Celebrated Thing

Celebrated Thing Well-Known Member

I have this problem too. I think I have at least ten minutes to spare, then I blink to realize Im already 20 minutes behind. I hate it. Instead of being on time, try to be 10 minutes early, that way if something happens and your behind, you will just be on time. Someone told me that establishing a bed time and nightly routine before bed helps, but I havent tried it yet. Ive also been told organization is key, but I have yet to try that one either. Sorry Im not very helpful, but I can deffinately say you are not alone in the frustration of lateness, because I am right there with you.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I always get up an hour early so I can wake up.. I also put out the clothes I am going to wear the night before.. You need to ste a time when you are going to go to bed and stick with it..You need a routine to help keep you on track..
  5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Like the others have said, set your clock/alarm earlier. At leat then you won't have to rush and be stressed out.
  6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya :)

As the others have suggested, set your clock ahead by a few minutes.

I always set my watch a good 15 minutes ahead. I usually makes me "aware" of when I need to be on my way so I'm not late. Or even better, I forget sometimes that I've set it ahead and think, "Holy sh*t, I'd better hurry or I'll be late! :laugh:

All the best. :hug:

7. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I am always late. Getting up earlier doesn't usually help because i'll stil somehow be 5/10 minutes late. The only way to get around it is being diciplined and watching the clock. Sometimes when i'm late I don't bother turning up at all.
  8. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I used to be late all the time but I've gotten to the point where I've trained myself to always get up around the same time, regardless of when I go to bed.
  9. This is what I said in my original post...
    "People say just set your clock earlier, or plan ahead or things like that, but it just doesn't stick."
    The same thing that most of you are sugggesting. Thanks, but it just doesn't work for me. I know what time it is even when my clocks are off, because I remember how off they are and know I have that much time to spare. And it only takes me about 5 minutes to pick out what I want to wear. Like darkrider said, no matter what time it is, I will always end up being 5-10 min. late. Even today, I woke up an half an hour earlier yet I still managed to come into work about 2 minutes late. Still late. It's unbelievable.
    I'm glad I'm not the only chronically late person here. I just wish I could get it together for once.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.